The Student Room Group

Not using all choices

Is it possible to use say only 4 of your choices and then add a 5th later (before the january deadline)? I've heard people say that it is possible, but I was trying to look on the ucas website to confirm and was struggling to find anything.

The only thing I found was this:

If you didn't use all five choices, you can add more choices one at a time from your application as long as it's before 30 June and you've not accepted any offers or been declined by your choices.

Which I'm pretty sure is for ucas extra anyways and not like your normal application (?)

Could someone please confirm that adding a choice after sending your application if you didn't use all 5 (even if you get declined from one of your 4 other choices?) is possible?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by heccyeah
Is it possible to use say only 4 of your choices and then add a 5th later (before the january deadline)? I've heard people say that it is possible, but I was trying to look on the ucas website to confirm and was struggling to find anything.

The only thing I found was this:

If you didn't use all five choices, you can add more choices one at a time from your application as long as it's before 30 June and you've not accepted any offers or been declined by your choices.

Which I'm pretty sure is for ucas extra anyways and not like your normal application (?)

Could someone please confirm that adding a choice after sending your application if you didn't use all 5 (even if you get declined from one of your 4 other choices?) is possible?

Yes, definitely possible and a useful tactic that should be used more.

For confirmation from someone who really knows their stuff, I will tag @PQ.
Yep it’s possible, straightforward, and a good idea.

If you haven’t used all five choices then Track will have the option to “add a choice” until you have used all 5 (or until June 30).
Reply 3
Original post by PQ

If you haven’t used all five choices then Track will have the option to “add a choice” until you have used all 5 (or until June 30).

sorry just want to double check even if you get declined from some of them you can still add another, as long as you’ve not accepted any?
Thats what i did!
I applied for 4 just in case i end up finding another course i wanted to apply for later on and that's exactly what happened.
sorry just want to double check even if you get declined from some of them you can still add another, as long as you’ve not accepted any?

Yes. As long as its a max of 5 choices overall that is fine.
You cant 'substutute' another choice for one where you have been rejected but you can add extra ones to make up your 5 choices at any point up to the Jan deadline.

If you put 4 you'll be able to add one nore.
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
Yes, definitely possible and a useful tactic that should be used more.

For confirmation from someone who really knows their stuff, I will tag @PQ.

Original post by PQ

Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Thats what i did!
I applied for 4 just in case i end up finding another course i wanted to apply for later on and that's exactly what happened.

Original post by McGinger
Yes. As long as its a max of 5 choices overall that is fine.
You cant 'substutute' another choice for one where you have been rejected but you can add extra ones to make up your 5 choices at any point up to the Jan deadline.

Original post by Muttley79
If you put 4 you'll be able to add one nore.

Sorry thanks everyone lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending