The Student Room Group

WHSmith interview

I have an interview next Tuesday at 12 and was wondering what kind of questions they'd ask me and how the interview would be. It's been a long time since I've had an interview and I'm nervous. I'm going for like, a sales assistant type of role. Any help?
This is a list of question categories that may be useful to you

Skills and qualities- vital
Company history and values- again notes are handy
Your experience level and employment history etc
Training options and opportunities- make notes or write down questions to ask
Policies- learn everything
Goals
Original post by PiperRose
I have an interview next Tuesday at 12 and was wondering what kind of questions they'd ask me and how the interview would be. It's been a long time since I've had an interview and I'm nervous. I'm going for like, a sales assistant type of role. Any help?

How did you get to the interview stage?
Reply 3
Original post by Anthelios
How did you get to the interview stage?

I applied for the job then a man called me and set up the interview. It's for tomorrow.
I applied for the job then a man called me and set up the interview. It's for tomorrow.

Do you have retail experience? I never received calls for interview
Reply 5
Do you have retail experience? I never received calls for interview

Only work experience which lasted between 2-3 weeks at a time at 3 different places. So not much retail experience, no.
Only work experience which lasted between 2-3 weeks at a time at 3 different places. So not much retail experience, no.

Then how did you get the interview offer?
Reply 7
Then how did you get the interview offer?

Because they called. And here's an update: yesterday I went. It took ages which he said was a gd sign. Before it was even over properly, he gave it to me and said he had to hire one more person. I start on the 3rd of next month.
Because they called. And here's an update: yesterday I went. It took ages which he said was a gd sign. Before it was even over properly, he gave it to me and said he had to hire one more person. I start on the 3rd of next month.

Lucky
Reply 9
Lucky

I know. It's 12 hrs a week ATM cos it's a bit messy and not enough people. Anyway, what's going on for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending