The Student Room Group

Help me

Every university interview I have had has led to my rejection! But I can’t understand why?!
Sorry to hear that, What course?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry to hear that, What course?

Dental, I just don’t get it, because obviously they liked my personal statement to offer me an interview but that where it messed up and I don’t know why
Reply 3
Have you asked for feedback? Have you gone back over the interview and done some genuine self-analysis?
Dental, I just don’t get it, because obviously they liked my personal statement to offer me an interview but that where it messed up and I don’t know why

Maybe it is your interview technique, maybe you become nervous, go in confidently, do research on the types of questions asked at dentistry interviews and gain knowledge around it, its always the approach aswell and how you portray yourself, goodluck

Ask your school to arrange a practice interview and get feedback.
Reply 6
Maybe it is your interview technique, maybe you become nervous, go in confidently, do research on the types of questions asked at dentistry interviews and gain knowledge around it, its always the approach aswell and how you portray yourself, goodluck

I’m sure it must be my technique.
I’m hoping somebody might have some tips
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79
Ask your school to arrange a practice interview and get feedback.

I’m a mature student so I not sure that’s possible
Reply 8
It likely to be very competitive so even candidates that do ok can get rejected. Mock interviews with an suitably experienced careers adviser or interview coach are the best bet. Also see if you can get some feedback. It is difficult to improve without feedback
Reply 9
Original post by Zarek
It likely to be very competitive so even candidates that do ok can get rejected. Mock interviews with an suitably experienced careers adviser or interview coach are the best bet. Also see if you can get some feedback. It is difficult to improve without feedback

Do you think it would be possible for the university’s to provide feedback now? Considering my interviews were a while ago
Reply 10
Do you think it would be possible for the university’s to provide feedback now? Considering my interviews were a while ago

There’s no harm in asking, they probably keep notes. However it can be difficult to get feedback as not all organisations can be bothered with this and if the truth be known decisions can be quite subjective. A recruiter arranged for me to have an hours on line training with an interview coach and I must say it was very useful, if a bit painful. Speak to your careers dept for advice too
Original post by Zarek
There’s no harm in asking, they probably keep notes. However it can be difficult to get feedback as not all organisations can be bothered with this and if the truth be known decisions can be quite subjective. A recruiter arranged for me to have an hours on line training with an interview coach and I must say it was very useful, if a bit painful. Speak to your careers dept for advice too

Thanks, I’ll definitely give it a shot.
Unfortunately I don’t have a careers department.
I’m kind of winging this in my own.
Reply 12
Thanks, I’ll definitely give it a shot.
Unfortunately I don’t have a careers department.
I’m kind of winging this in my own.

National Careers Service (on line and phone) is surprisingly good and might be able to offer something. Or any academic or business contacts with some experience in selection might be able to help. Good luck
Original post by Zarek
National Careers Service (on line and phone) is surprisingly good and might be able to offer something. Or any academic or business contacts with some experience in selection might be able to help. Good luck

Thank you for that, I’ll be sure to check out the National career service for help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending