The Student Room Group

ive just started year 12

should I be concerned about not having a revision structure per subject?
do I have to memorise information( long term) from every lesson after making revision stuff?
does memorise information after every lesson help with exams?
is it a necessity to do practice questions after revision?
does anyone have any revsion methods that they used consistently every day after school and not for exams ?
i need help,if anyone could be any support for the following subjects
pshycology
biology
history
id appreciate it
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Velvet cake
should I be concerned about not having a revision structure per subject?
do I have to memorise information( long term) from every lesson after making revision stuff?
does memorise information after every lesson help with exams?
is it a necessity to do practice questions after revision?
does anyone have any revsion methods that they used consistently every day after school and not for exams ?
i need help,if anyone could be any support for the following subjects
physiology
biology
history
id appreciate it

It is important to get all your revision in a timetable method and exam questions are absolutely vital for exams. Make sure you ain’t just revising the textbook but are actually deeply understanding the concepts. Try to finish content early like 6 weeks before your mocks so you can do nothing but exam practice. End of topic tests are very important towards your predictions so don’t take them lightly and constantly go over older topics.
Original post by ism41l_16
It is important to get all your revision in a timetable method and exam questions are absolutely vital for exams. Make sure you ain’t just revising the textbook but are actually deeply understanding the concepts. Try to finish content early like 6 weeks before your mocks so you can do nothing but exam practice. End of topic tests are very important towards your predictions so don’t take them lightly and constantly go over older topics.

are you insisting on understanding concepts more than memorising them and if so this should be done consistently
so when exams omes around I should revise the content knowing I understand evrything
(edited 2 years ago)
are you insisting on understanding concepts more than memorising them and if so this should be done consistently
so when exams omes around I should revise the content knowing I understand evrything

Pretty much and exam questions will have to be done for B grade and above. Reason being because mark schemes are stupidly specific at a level. From my experience Biology is the most specific
Pretty much and exam questions will have to be done for B grade and above. Reason being because mark schemes are stupidly specific at a level. From my experience Biology is the most specif

some revision routine usually apply knowledge after understanding it for example after reading textbook you do some topic questions form the textbook
is this required or should I wait until exams come around?
some revision routine usually apply knowledge after understanding it for example after reading textbook you do some topic questions form the textbook
is this required or should I wait until exams come around?

Do it now for the best possible advantage. Also find exam questions by topic on PMT for each topic. There wont be many textbook questions so use PMT a lot of the time.
Do it now for the best possible advantage. Also find exam questions by topic on PMT for each topic. There wont be many textbook questions so use PMT a lot of the time.

so let me get this clear, use PMT questions for everyday revision after comprehension but memorise content and use past papers from exam boards
so let me get this clear, use PMT questions for everyday revision after comprehension but memorise content and use past papers from exam boards

Use past papers by exam boards websites at the end like just before your mock but for the time being, questions by topic on PMT will be brilliant. At this rate, you should most likely achieve As and above
Use past papers by exam boards websites at the end like just before your mock but for the time being, questions by topic on PMT will be brilliant. At this rate, you should most likely achieve As and above

Thank you for your help and guidance,you've helped me understand what I need to do from now on especially in biology but also in phsycology

Quick Reply

Latest