The Student Room Group

I have submitted my UCAS already for 2022.

Hi guys :-)

I'm not sure if I'm one of the first ones but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. I submitted my UCAS for 2022 entry on Monday 13th September and now it's a waiting game!

I've applied for a joint honors in English & History at Oxford, Durham, York, Royal Holloway, and Leeds.

I keep refreshing my UCAS track every day but I know I'll probably be waiting a long while!!

Is anyone else submitted theirs yet? Or plans to submit very soon?

Scroll to see replies

Hi
I submitted my ucas application on 14 September to UCL, LSE, Edinburgh, Manchester and KCL
Original post by WutheringHxights

I'm not sure if I'm one of the first ones but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. I submitted my UCAS for 2022 entry on Monday 13th September and now it's a waiting game!

I've applied for a joint honors in English & History at Oxford, Durham, York, Royal Holloway, and Leeds.

I keep refreshing my UCAS track every day but I know I'll probably be waiting a long while!!

I'm done but my deadline isn't the Oxbridge one so I have to wait. Good for you though!
:frown:
Why do early applicants always use up all 5 choices instead of saving some for later?
Has anyone received the acknowledgment mail from universities. I submitted my application on 14.
Original post by rishabh728
Has anyone received the acknowledgment mail from universities. I submitted my application on 14.

I received an automated acknowledgement from Royal Holloway & Leeds.

None from Durham, York, or Oxford though.

Only some universities do this though, so don't worry :smile:
Actually I received and acknowledgment last year from LSE, UCL and Manchester. That is why I am worried
(edited 2 years ago)

Hey! Ive submitted mine on the 17th of September for Psychology in Education at Birmingham, York and Loughborough and Education and Psychology at Lincoln and Southampton. I haven't heard back from anyone except for acknowledgement emails from Lincoln and Southampton. Im an international student from Singapore, so the waiting game with the time difference has me constantly refreshing Ucas Track haha! Hopefully we'll hear something soon :smile:

Hi, what did you do with predicted grades and teacher reference? We've (everyone at our college) been given minimal information on how everything works, we still don't have our predicted grades, and teachers have only just started writing references. I've started an application on UCAS Hub and filled in everything, what do I do now?
Original post by aaron2578
Hi, what did you do with predicted grades and teacher reference? We've (everyone at our college) been given minimal information on how everything works, we still don't have our predicted grades, and teachers have only just started writing references. I've started an application on UCAS Hub and filled in everything, what do I do now?

You can't really chose your unis without knowing your predictions. Ask for them ...
Original post by Muttley79
You can't really chose your unis without knowing your predictions. Ask for them ...

I have, but my teachers said they haven't met up with the other to decide on predicted grades yet (we have two teachers for each subject).
Original post by aaron2578
I have, but my teachers said they haven't met up with the other to decide on predicted grades yet (we have two teachers for each subject).

It's getting a bit late for that! Ask them when you'll be told ...
Original post by _itstomz_
Hey! Ive submitted mine on the 17th of September for Psychology in Education at Birmingham, York and Loughborough and Education and Psychology at Lincoln and Southampton. I haven't heard back from anyone except for acknowledgement emails from Lincoln and Southampton. Im an international student from Singapore, so the waiting game with the time difference has me constantly refreshing Ucas Track haha! Hopefully we'll hear something soon :smile:

Hi! I applied for this course last year and stumbled across this thread! I am going up to York tmrw (Birmingham was my insurance! I also applied for Southampton, York, Birmingham and then Keele and Bristol. Just double checking that you know that Lincoln isn't BPS accredited (well it was'nt when I applied) defo bare in mind if you want a Psych based career! Best of luck! x
Original post by maisiex10x
Hi! I applied for this course last year and stumbled across this thread! I am going up to York tmrw (Birmingham was my insurance! I also applied for Southampton, York, Birmingham and then Keele and Bristol. Just double checking that you know that Lincoln isn't BPS accredited (well it was'nt when I applied) defo bare in mind if you want a Psych based career! Best of luck! x

Congrats on York! I didn't know that it wasn't BPS accredited, I added it cause the environment seemed nice, but I am hoping to get into either Birmingham or York! I have a Singapore Polytechnic Diploma in Early Childhood Education, with a GPA of 3.1, which I based on the conversions I saw online is an AAA. What are my chances of getting in, and can you tell me more about the course you are pursuing? the information available online isn't the same as experiencing an open day haha.
Original post by Muttley79
It's getting a bit late for that! Ask them when you'll be told ...

Good idea, I'll ask tomorrow.
Congrats on York! I didn't know that it wasn't BPS accredited, I added it cause the environment seemed nice, but I am hoping to get into either Birmingham or York! I have a Singapore Polytechnic Diploma in Early Childhood Education, with a GPA of 3.1, which I based on the conversions I saw online is an AAA. What are my chances of getting in, and can you tell me more about the course you are pursuing? the information available online isn't the same as experiencing an open day haha.

Yes, so if you want to do anything Psych related don't go to Lincoln for this course. I was also predicted AAA and got 5 offers, what were your GCSEs (or equivalent like) I think you have a vvv good chance of getting in, it's not a very competitive course. I want to be an educational psychologist x
(edited 2 years ago)
Yes, so if you want to do anything Psych related don't go to Lincoln for this course. I was also predicted AAA and got 5 offers, what were your GCSEs (or equivalent like) I think you have a vvv good chance of getting in, it's not a very competitive course. I want to be an educational psychologist x

Hello! I am looking to becoming an Educational Psychologist or a Child Psychotherapist. I took GCE 'O' levels, I had a mixture of As, Bs and Cs haha. I took 7 subjects. The only requirement I saw was their English requirements, which I have an A in, as well as a minimum GPA of 2.9. I have yet to hear anything from the Universities, despite applying in Sept, so kinda worried haha!
(edited 2 years ago)
Hello! I am looking to becoming an Educational Psychologist or a Child Psychotherapist. I took GCE 'O' levels, I had a mixture of As, Bs and Cs haha. I took 7 subjects. The only requirement I saw was their English requirements, which I have an A in, as well as a minimum GPA of 2.9. I have yet to hear anything from the Universities, despite applying in Sept, so kinda worried haha!

That's normal, most universities are still sorting out my years intake! I also want to be an Ed Psych, this means you CANNOT go to Lincoln as it's not BPS accredited, it's a waste of your money if you want to do the career. My best friend has applied for the same course as you at York, Southampton, Loughborough, Keele and Warwick and also hasn't got any offers yet, don't stress xx
That's normal, most universities are still sorting out my years intake! I also want to be an Ed Psych, this means you CANNOT go to Lincoln as it's not BPS accredited, it's a waste of your money if you want to do the career. My best friend has applied for the same course as you at York, Southampton, Loughborough, Keele and Warwick and also hasn't got any offers yet, don't stress xx

thank you for the reassurance! if its not too much of a hassle for you, could you keep me posted if your friend starts getting offers? It's hard to find people applying for this course haha! Thank you so much :smile:
thank you for the reassurance! if its not too much of a hassle for you, could you keep me posted if your friend starts getting offers? It's hard to find people applying for this course haha! Thank you so much :smile:

Hi! It's not for that course, but I just received an offer from York (for chemistry). They emailed me last week to say they were opening their application cycle for 2022 this week, so they can now start making offers. Their acknowledgement email went into my junk folder, so it may be worth checking your spam inbox, in case they sent anything. Each department may have a different offer time-frame - some might wait until after January to reply, so I wouldn't read too much into it. Sending good luck wishes for your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending