The Student Room Group

What university to choose for psychology?

I'd like to go to st Andrews, but it seems a bit small and very far north (I'd like to be closer to my brother but I don't want to let it influence my decision too much); York is also an option and it's only a few hours away from my hometown, which I can handle as long as I get a driver's license (lol), I've heard the student union there is bad.

Any recommendations?
Reply 1
Leeds, it’s a fab city to study, with an excellent campus and SU. A friend studied psychology there and rated it too
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
Leeds, it’s a fab city to study, with an excellent campus and SU. A friend studied psychology there and rated it too

Thanks, I'll look into it :smile:
Original post by bellaamelie
I'd like to go to st Andrews, but it seems a bit small and very far north (I'd like to be closer to my brother but I don't want to let it influence my decision too much); York is also an option and it's only a few hours away from my hometown, which I can handle as long as I get a driver's license (lol), I've heard the student union there is bad.

Any recommendations?

@bellaamelie
Have you considered doing your Psychology course at Arden University (I'm just finishing my MSc there at the moment)

There are campuses in Manchester, Birmingham and London, but there is also a 100% online option too which is what I took.

With whoever you choose, I would check their report from the QAA (who are a bit like Ofsted) and also the score from the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). General league tables with regards to Universities are a bit misleading as they weigh up a whole variety of factors, many not related to the student experience

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest