The Student Room Group

HELP

I moved into university accommodation and hated it so much that I left after 1 day. I want to go back to university and change accommodation, but I have no money to get back and my family can't help me. What do I do?
Do you still have the rest of your student loan that you didn’t use to move into your previous accommodation? The university that you are at may have a hardship fund to assist you if your financial circumstances are particularly challenging.
Reply 2
Original post by Thisismyunitsr
Do you still have the rest of your student loan that you didn’t use to move into your previous accommodation? The university that you are at may have a hardship fund to assist you if your financial circumstances are particularly challenging.

I haven't got my loan yet. It's supposed to come on the 20th but if I'm not physically at the university I'm not sure that I'll get it then. I've tried contacting the university but it's a weekend and I'm struggling to get much of a response.
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't got my loan yet. It's supposed to come on the 20th but if I'm not physically at the university I'm not sure that I'll get it then. I've tried contacting the university but it's a weekend and I'm struggling to get much of a response.

You will still get it if you are enrolled. The only way you won’t get the loan is if you state you don’t want to attend. Try contacting the university and saying that you want to be put into a different halls of residence ASAP.

If not you’ll have to move into a shared house or something.
I want someone that , want to share his accommodation
my campus is maritime campus... am an international student... any help please...
Original post by Ben wealth
my campus is maritime campus... am an international student... any help please...

Greenwich? There’s a separate section of this forum for finding flat mates. I hope you have more success there.
I moved into university accommodation and hated it so much that I left after 1 day. I want to go back to university and change accommodation, but I have no money to get back and my family can't help me. What do I do?

Are you able to enrol and continue studying from home/commuting?

You will have to enquire with your accommodation to see if you can be released from your tenancy, or what you need to do to be released. As you've probably realised, leaving after 1 day isn't advisable because you need to give your new situation/environment a chance.
Reply 8
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Are you able to enrol and continue studying from home/commuting?

You will have to enquire with your accommodation to see if you can be released from your tenancy, or what you need to do to be released. As you've probably realised, leaving after 1 day isn't advisable because you need to give your new situation/environment a chance.

I've got released from my old accommodation. I'm trying to sort new accommodation but I don't have the money to get back there. Nothing in my old accommodation had been cleaned and a lot of things were broken.
I've got released from my old accommodation. I'm trying to sort new accommodation but I don't have the money to get back there. Nothing in my old accommodation had been cleaned and a lot of things were broken.

Have you looked into cheaper options such as getting a room in a shared house? What happened to the money you were planning to use for your old accommodation?
Greenwich? There’s a separate section of this forum for finding flat mates. I hope you have more success there.

Please can you introduce me to the forum

Mate, stop crashing someone else's thread.

Here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=576
Original post by cleveranimal56
Mate, stop crashing someone else's thread.

I’m just being helpful...

Yeah, yeah, not you lol. I was talking to that new guy.
Original post by cleveranimal56
Yeah, yeah, not you lol. I was talking to that new guy.

OK sorry, am just new here
Thank you dear
OK sorry, am just new here

Thank you dear

No worries

Quick Reply

Latest