History A-level coursework

Watch this thread
saarah_u
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi so, I start coursework for history this year and my topic is the American Civil Rights movement. I have to pick three main texts on three presidents so should I do a focus on Eisenhower or Nixon? (other two presidents I will be speaking about is Johnson and Kennedy). I also need a third book, so if anyone could send me a recommendation that would be very helpful. The books should preferably just be a historians' opinion on the president's role. The whole book doesn't necessarily need to entirely be about civil rights, as long as there's a chapter that focuses on that aspect of American politics. e.g Lyndon B Johnson and the American Dream. Thank you!
Last edited by saarah_u; 7 months ago
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
Which president do you find more interesting to read about? (or if youre feeling slightly more lazy which one do you already know something about?) and go from there. Personally i'd chose Nixon given his self described habit of acting insane to off foot his opponents and the fact he was a thoroughly unscrupulous individual.
As to books can you be more specific, are you after biographies or simply history books from their presidencies?
saarah_u
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by Napp)
Which president do you find more interesting to read about? (or if youre feeling slightly more lazy which one do you already know something about?) and go from there. Personally i'd chose Nixon given his self described habit of acting insane to off foot his opponents and the fact he was a thoroughly unscrupulous individual.
As to books can you be more specific, are you after biographies or simply history books from their presidencies?
Looking for books by historians on the presidents and their involvement in civil rights. The whole book doesn't necessarily have to be about their involvement in civil rights, it could just have like one chapter within the book, e.g, Lyndon B Johnson and the American Dream was just about him as a leader. Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (34)
27.87%
It went fairly well (52)
42.62%
It didn't go too well (23)
18.85%
TERRIBLE! (13)
10.66%

Watched Threads