The Student Room Group

i don’t know what to do

Hi so i’m in a sticky situation here. I finished Year 13 this year with my TAGs of BBC. I am currently taking a gap year and doing the autumn exams for Chemistry, Maths and Biology. I know it’s a lot but i’ve been preparing from June because i know i will be unhappy with my TAGs. I want to apply to pharmacy at UCL and Kings. UCL’s entry requirements are AAB but contextual offer is BBB which i know i will get because of my sixth form. And KCL’s entry requirements are AAB but their contextual offer is ABC, which i also think i will get because of my sixth form. So my question is that if i do get my C to a B but my BB to a worse grade in the autumn exam. Will this affect my application? Because if i do get worse grades for my current BB, i can just choose my BB from my TAGs. please someone help 😭
Original post by Simonpartridge
So my question is that if i do get my C to a B but my BB to a worse grade in the autumn exam. Will this affect my application? Because if i do get worse grades for my current BB, i can just choose my BB from my TAGs.

You list your grades, you list your resits and your school adds your predicted grades for those resits.
You are considered for offers on this basis.

If the offer says 'BBB including Maths' and the combination of grades you get/have meets this in January or whatever (obviously you can only count each subject once) then you have fulfilled the offer.

If the Uni adds a phrase such as 'from this years exams only' then you have to take that into consideration when making your Firm and Insurance choices.
(edited 2 years ago)
Thank you for replying to my query. Unfortunately my school won’t predict me as they said that i am applying as a private candidate. And i’ve checked on their website and it says that they do accept retakes/resits. But it doesn’t say that if i do get worse results in the autumn resits, and choose my TAGs, it won’t affect my application. It just says that they accept autumn exams as first sitting.
Reply 3
Hi so i’m in a sticky situation here. I finished Year 13 this year with my TAGs of BBC. I am currently taking a gap year and doing the autumn exams for Chemistry, Maths and Biology. I know it’s a lot but i’ve been preparing from June because i know i will be unhappy with my TAGs. I want to apply to pharmacy at UCL and Kings. UCL’s entry requirements are AAB but contextual offer is BBB which i know i will get because of my sixth form. And KCL’s entry requirements are AAB but their contextual offer is ABC, which i also think i will get because of my sixth form. So my question is that if i do get my C to a B but my BB to a worse grade in the autumn exam. Will this affect my application? Because if i do get worse grades for my current BB, i can just choose my BB from my TAGs. please someone help 😭

HI i literally am doing the same subjects and i got the same TAGs and i want to reapply for pharmacy in kings im also taking a year out. Also why dont you just do 2 of the exams instead of resitting all three? and goodluck to us
Original post by 0xblood
HI i literally am doing the same subjects and i got the same TAGs and i want to reapply for pharmacy in kings im also taking a year out. Also why dont you just do 2 of the exams instead of resitting all three? and goodluck to us

hi i’m resitting chem and maths. i don’t know why i wanted to resit my biology. thank you for the advice :smile: good luck to us, i hope we get our places next year!
Reply 5
Im resitting bio and chem. I WOULD DO MATHS but we missed out so many topics. Hopefully I see you next year🕺🕺
Original post by 0xblood
Im resitting bio and chem. I WOULD DO MATHS but we missed out so many topics. Hopefully I see you next year🕺🕺

Literally the same with me in Biology. Plus i’m quite shabby in Biology. How are you doing your revision for chemistry? I’ve covered the whole content but it just doesn’t feel enough. Yes hopefully!!! fingers crossed! :smile:
Reply 7
Literally the same with me in Biology. Plus i’m quite shabby in Biology. How are you doing your revision for chemistry? I’ve covered the whole content but it just doesn’t feel enough. Yes hopefully!!! fingers crossed! :smile:

SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY. im pretty shabby in bio too but its going better than chem. I think ill start doing papers at the start of october and ill focus more on content till then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending