The Student Room Group

A levels and organisation

I’m struggling with organization for biology and chemistry, does anyone have any advice
Put work into folders divided by each module, so you make your own revision guide basically as you go. Nothing gets lost too that way.
Reply 2
Original post by Googley_eyes
Put work into folders divided by each module, so you make your own revision guide basically as you go. Nothing gets lost too that way.

Okay thank you, I’m in year 13 do you have any other advice in terms of organization because I feel so overwhelmed and as if it’s too late for me to organize my work because year 12 has already gone past and year 13 is already in motion
lol but there are literally already revision guides or notes you can find all online.

I personally didn’t make any notes for these subjects, just straight into flashcards. I’d like put the dates I revised each deck of cards on an excel spreadsheet. I know people are different though so experiment between online notes, online folders, separate notebooks or even try my method of jumping straight into flashcards.

Think about it. The revision guide is already notes so no point. You need to remember said thing.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by CaptainDuckie
lol but there are literally already revision guides or notes you can find all online.

I personally didn’t make any notes for these subjects, just straight into flashcards. I’d like put the dates I revised each deck of cards on an excel spreadsheet. I know people are different though so experiment between online notes, online folders, separate notebooks etc.

I’ve tried to do that technique but I don’t really understand how, it works, I’ve watched YouTube videos but it’s still a bit confusing
Original post by S1237
I’ve tried to do that technique but I don’t really understand how, it works, I’ve watched YouTube videos but it’s still a bit confusing

Tbh, most people brush it aside because we’re conditioned as students to rewrite notes and make it look all fancy so we can look good

Put it this way: you aren’t marked on the notes you make, rather marked on what you can understand and memorise.

Idk what video you’ve watched, but if you’re on about excel it’s not that hard. Its just a method of keeping track on progress when you’ve finished a deck of flashcards.
Reply 6
Tbh, most people brush it aside because we’re conditioned as students to rewrite notes and make it look all fancy so we can look good

Put it this way: you aren’t marked on the notes you make, rather marked on what you can understand and memorise.

Idk what video you’ve watched, but if you’re on about excel it’s not that hard. Its just a method of keeping track on progress when you’ve finished a deck of flashcards.

I’m struggling as well and that’s a good idea, but, how do I space out stuff? Like in college, I’m currently learning stuff, but I have to relearn my AS topics since I barely remember a single thing now.

So how do I space it out? 2 past topics per day? If so, when will I have to revise those past topics again, for recall? Since the more exposed you are, the higher the chances of not forgetting.

I personally didn’t make any notes for these subjects, just straight into flashcards. I’d like put the dates I revised each deck of cards on an excel spreadsheet. I know people are different though so experiment between online notes, online folders, separate notebooks or even try my method of jumping straight into flashcards.

Think about it. The revision guide is already notes so no point. You need to remember said thing.

how did u make the flashcard? copy and paste the notes from the internet?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by bea_bee
I’m struggling as well and that’s a good idea, but, how do I space out stuff? Like in college, I’m currently learning stuff, but I have to relearn my AS topics since I barely remember a single thing now.

So how do I space it out? 2 past topics per day? If so, when will I have to revise those past topics again, for recall? Since the more exposed you are, the higher the chances of not forgetting.

You don’t have to relearn everything from AS just yet.

Break down all the modules, ask yourself if you understand it and if you do then no need to like try and commit it to memory. Break down the modules as much as you can so you have less things to commit to memory. You could just check the spec and see if you know the topic and if you dont then spend more time on those topics.

I would say 2 past topics per day seems reasonable. It’s not about being more exposed to something, it’s about you utilising ultimate brain power and consequently you will more likely remember it.
Original post by S1237
I’m struggling with organization for biology and chemistry, does anyone have any advice

The best thing you can do is make a revision planner. Start off with nothing too demanding, but make sure you stick with it!
Original post by sarahjanesmith
how did u make the flashcard? copy and paste the notes from the internet?

lol no.

for like biology, I used biorach and mainly just made flashcards out of her videos. She basically draws like diagram and since I’m a visual learner thats like ultimate efficiency.

for chemistry, I did the same exact thing of constructing flashcards from videos. But I used MaChemGuy this time

for maths, I did nothing. Just simply attempted text book questions and bunch of past papers.
lol no.

for like biology, I used biorach and mainly just made flashcards out of her videos. She basically draws like diagram and since I’m a visual learner thats like ultimate efficiency.

for chemistry, I did the same exact thing of constructing flashcards from videos. But I used MaChemGuy this time

for maths, I did nothing. Just simply attempted text book questions and bunch of past papers.

oh right makes sense lol

im guessing you made actual flashcards like on paper not quizlet or smth lol
Original post by sarahjanesmith
oh right makes sense lol

im guessing you made actual flashcards like on paper not quizlet or smth lol

Nah I used Anki lol

Paper? I’d be there for ages!
Math

Quick Reply

Latest