The Student Room Group

Barts and the London (QMUL) A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by J_Kingzzz
Thank you,

The tariff system is still a little confusing to me, so with my predicted grades I would get a tariff of 152 but is there any way of increasing that to above 200.

Other tariffable qualificiations!
An EPQ, AS level, 4th A level, music, drama or dance qualifications, the list is (almost) endless
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/guides-and-resources/information-new-ucas-tariff-advisers
Original post by KarenKoltrane
Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has already been asked here. Can I apply to both graduate entry and traditional entry in the same year? I have emailed Barts several times but they never replied.

Yes you can
hi guys just a quick question, I'm really unusual because as well as my predicted a-levels I also have 5 achieved higher grades on the Scottish system since I moved countries.
I'm guessing that this is very unusual but do you think I can get scored for my highers and my predicted a levels? They are two different exam systems but I was unsure and it does ofc make a huge difference to my tariff score since I achieved straight A's at Higher.
Or should I just call up Barts and ask?
Thanks for any help! :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by harrietrose17
hi guys just a quick question, I'm really unusual because as well as my predicted a-levels I also have 5 achieved higher grades on the Scottish system since I moved countries.
I'm guessing that this is very unusual but do you think I can get scored for my highers and my predicted a levels? They are two different exam systems but I was unsure and it does ofc make a huge difference to my tariff score since I achieved straight A's at Higher.
Or should I just call up Barts and ask?
Thanks for any help! :smile:

You get points for all tariffable qualifications, I believe, so your score will be off the charts :biggrin:
Hello GANFYD and other senior members

I saw the information from Freedom of information dated 13th sept 2021 where QMUL Admission team has mentioned that they prefer applicants only with SJT Band 1 and Band 2?
I checked QMUL website and it says that applicants will be selected for interview based on UCAT Score /UCAS Tariff -50:50

Kind regards
Jaffar
Original post by jaffar ahamed
Hello GANFYD and other senior members

I saw the information from Freedom of information dated 13th sept 2021 where QMUL Admission team has mentioned that they prefer applicants only with SJT Band 1 and Band 2?
I checked QMUL website and it says that applicants will be selected for interview based on UCAT Score /UCAS Tariff -50:50

Kind regards
Jaffar

They use SJT post interview, but for 4 points only I think.
what ucas tariff would I need with a UCAT 2700 to have a good chance at getting an interview?
Hi, please can someone advice if there is any scoring system used for ucas and ucat points? All I understand is 50:50 split between the two - but what is the minimum ucas tariff needed and what is the ucat point needed ? Any thoughts? Thanks
Thank you so much -becausethenight volunteer team
GCSE
5 x 9s : Chemistry, Physics, Maths, History, Geography
2 x 8s : Biology, German
2 x 7s : English Lang, English Lit.

A Level Predicted
Chemistry A*
Biology A*
Psychology A*

UCAT
2690 Band 2 (VR 640, DM 640, QR 660, AR 750)
No Contextual flags

Work Experience
2 week in total at 2 GP practices
6 week Virtual medicine related work experience mix of e-learning and small group tutorials from clinicians
Volunteering at Covid vaccination centre and a couple of other small stints

EPQ A*
Core Maths Predicted A
DofE Gold, Music Grade 5, LAMDA Grade 6

I am considering QMUL (Barts) as one of my target universities. My UCAS tariff adds up to 228
I would like to ensure that I would make the cut for Barts interview.
Would be grateful for any advice if you see any challenges or have any suggestions.
Thank you :smile:
Hi, I have a similar stat! I thought it would be difficult to get an interview in London schools.
Original post by Collegium
GCSE
5 x 9s : Chemistry, Physics, Maths, History, Geography
2 x 8s : Biology, German
2 x 7s : English Lang, English Lit.

A Level Predicted
Chemistry A*
Biology A*
Psychology A*

UCAT
2690 Band 2 (VR 640, DM 640, QR 660, AR 750)
No Contextual flags

Work Experience
2 week in total at 2 GP practices
6 week Virtual medicine related work experience mix of e-learning and small group tutorials from clinicians
Volunteering at Covid vaccination centre and a couple of other small stints

EPQ A*
Core Maths Predicted A
DofE Gold, Music Grade 5, LAMDA Grade 6

I am considering QMUL (Barts) as one of my target universities. My UCAS tariff adds up to 228
I would like to ensure that I would make the cut for Barts interview.
Would be grateful for any advice if you see any challenges or have any suggestions.
Thank you :smile:

Would imagine that you’d be fine. You’d lose a couple of points post interview for the B2 but very unlikely to be a dealbreaker :smile:
Original post by Sarah1520
what ucas tariff would I need with a UCAT 2700 to have a good chance at getting an interview?

Have a look at the statistics on their website, although they are from 2020 so likely a bit lower than this year will be!
Original post by srmedi2224
Hi, please can someone advice if there is any scoring system used for ucas and ucat points? All I understand is 50:50 split between the two - but what is the minimum ucas tariff needed and what is the ucat point needed ? Any thoughts? Thanks

Minimum UCAT is 3rd decile and UCAS is 152 from their A*AA min requirements, but you would not interview with just that.
They publish past examples on their website.
Hi, I know something similar has been asked, but what is considered a low/high tariff for QMUL? I have 3 A*s (and 1 A in AS), so I believe that brings me to 188 points. My UCAT is 2930 B2, so would the two together be "enough"? TIA
Yes I saw the same thing! Do you know if there's a FOI request/something more specific showing more examples?

Spoiler

Fantastic, thank you!

Spoiler

Hmmm yeah it doesn't seem as if there is too much data available :confused: Oh well I'll keep looking as well! Thanks a tonne.
Original post by GANFYD
You get points for all tariffable qualifications, I believe, so your score will be off the charts :biggrin:

Thank you so much!! Yes haha my score is around 320 I believe because I also have extra things so very high:smile:
Reply 79
Hey guys, I'm an international student thinking of applying to Barts this year.

UCAT: 2970, Band 2

IB: 43/45 (7 for Biology and Chemistry)

IGCSE: 4A* and 6A

Are these competitive enough?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending