The Student Room Group

ADHD

I have ADHD and it's really bad.
I have executive dysfunction too and it's messing with my life.
I want to get help but I don't know what to do. The GP thinks it's anxiety which I have too but I know for sure this thing I have is definitely worse than anxiety.
I am having a mental break down and I am so lost. I have been suffering this mental crash for 4 and a half years and getting help feels like a chore.
Please help.
Original post by 12115
I have ADHD and it's really bad.
I have executive dysfunction too and it's messing with my life.
I want to get help but I don't know what to do. The GP thinks it's anxiety which I have too but I know for sure this thing I have is definitely worse than anxiety.
I am having a mental break down and I am so lost. I have been suffering this mental crash for 4 and a half years and getting help feels like a chore.
Please help.

Are you still at school?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Are you still at school?

No not anymore. I am 20.
Original post by 12115
No not anymore. I am 20.

Have you got a formal diagnosis because you can access support until you are 25. What help did the GP suggest?
Reply 4
Have you got a formal diagnosis because you can access support until you are 25. What help did the GP suggest?

They said I probably have bad anxiety and should get help from the anxiety therapy thing my council offers called Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) by Lewisham council. She said ADHD will take 18 months and I should try anxiety therapy first but I can't even get myself to get help from the IAPT council because of my executive functioning disorder.
Original post by 12115
They said I probably have bad anxiety and should get help from the anxiety therapy thing my council offers called Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) by Lewisham council. She said ADHD will take 18 months and I should try anxiety therapy first but I can't even get myself to get help from the IAPT council because of my executive functioning disorder.

Can someone help you manage the appointments? It's important you get the help you need.
Reply 6
Can someone help you manage the appointments? It's important you get the help you need.

My parents don't believe in mental health and I think they gave up on me cause I am such a disappointment
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 12115
My parents don't believe in mental health and I think they gave up on me cause I am such a disappointment

Is there no-one else, a friend or sibling? You are of worth :smile:
Reply 8
I read that doctors (GP) normally tell people to get cheaper services first because ADHD therapy screening thing is more costly for the NHS. So anxiety therapy before ADHD.
I am thinking about doing both tbf.
Reply 9
I know many people that have been healed after they received what God / Jesus says we need, his Spirit . . . I hope u visit a meeting.

(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest