The Student Room Group

Help asap plsss

Ok which fraction is the odd one out: 6/20, 3/10,18/60, 35/50, 27/90????? PLEASE HELP BEFORE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!
Original post by IlLoveCats
Ok which fraction is the odd one out: 6/20, 3/10,18/60, 35/50, 27/90????? PLEASE HELP BEFORE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

This is fairly straightforward but TSR do not like answers being provided. write them all out next to each other and look for what is common / a pattern.
Original post by tptp123
the odd one out is :smile:

EDIT - don't break forum rules by giving answers :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
EDIT - don't break forum rules by giving answers :smile:

oops I had no idea

What have you narrowed it down to?
Try to get them to have the same denominator then see which one is different

Go over your equivalent fractions chapter
Original post by navdips42
Try to get them to have the same denominator then see which one is different

I don’t think we’re supposed to be so specific, it literally is the answer.
Original post by Googley_eyes
I don’t think we’re supposed to be so specific, it literally is the answer.

Oh yeah i see it now, i thought you had to actually find out and solve it , but i see which one it is.
Reply 9

make sure all fractions have a common denominator (and remember what you do the the denominator you must also do to the numerator :smile: ) and the answer will be obvious after this. Your teachers should always be happy to help you so if you are still struggling i would email them. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest