The Student Room Group

Double-vaccinated but experiencing Coronavirus symptoms

I had my second vaccination (Pfizer) more than one month ago. Last week (5 days ago), I started experiencing cold-like symptoms (sneezing/blocked nose/headache). In the last two days, I have also lost my sense of smell and have a much-weakened sense of taste. I feel a bit nauseous (slight stomach ache). Tested negative five days ago despite the symptoms, and have taken another test today (still awaiting the results).
Has anyone else been in a similar situation recently? If so, how long did it take to recover? Were things worse nearer the start or the end?
Lots of people have been getting ill recently (and testing negative) - it’s probably just the annual seasonal flu. There are other infections other than COVID-19!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Lots of people have been getting ill recently - it’s probably just the annual seasonal flu. There are other infections other than COVID-19!

It's very likely to be Covid. Other people in my household have tested positive, and I have more than one symptom commonly reported by people who tested positive after vaccination.
Original post by Anonymous
It's very likely to be Covid. Other people in my household have tested positive, and I have more than one symptom commonly reported by people who tested positive after vaccination.

It would have been useful to add that in your OP.
Reply 4
Original post by Mesopotamian.
It would have been useful to add that in your OP.

I was asking anyone else has had similar symptoms, and how long they lasted (for reassurance), not about whether or not it's Covid.
Original post by Anonymous
I had my second vaccination (Pfizer) more than one month ago. Last week (5 days ago), I started experiencing cold-like symptoms (sneezing/blocked nose/headache). In the last two days, I have also lost my sense of smell and have a much-weakened sense of taste. I feel a bit nauseous (slight stomach ache). Tested negative five days ago despite the symptoms, and have taken another test today (still awaiting the results).
Has anyone else been in a similar situation recently? If so, how long did it take to recover? Were things worse nearer the start or the end?

It seems likely you probably have covid, looking at your symptoms. If you're having a PCR test that should show whether or not you do. I haven't had covid but know people who have, and honestly there's no way to tell how long it'll take to recover. If you end up with long covid it could be worse toward the end but luckily you shouldn't have. The best thing to do is to rest and do anything to help you feel better (and isolate ofc! :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest