The Student Room Group

Swansea University A101 2022 Entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for Swansea University A100.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about Swansea.
:biggrin:

Welcome to the Swansea A101 2022 Entry Discussion.

Swansea A101 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560870

For general information click: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergradu...entrymedicine/

For entry requirements click: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/undergradu...ments-contents

Swansea A101 2022 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7192013

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

:hello: second time rounder here!

Hopefully this year the GAMSAT cut off for non-welsh applicants will be a little lower - I missed out by one point last year!
Reply 2
Not my first application either! I had an interview back in Feb for Swansea but wasn’t successful 🙁 I met the cutoff due to being Welsh also. determined to get in this time though! Swansea is the dream 🤞🏻
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by cmh-1995
Not my first application either! I had an interview back in Feb for Swansea but wasn’t successful 🙁 I met the cutoff due to being Welsh also. determined to get in this time though! Swansea is the dream 🤞🏻

I was the same for my first choice last year.

As much as Swansea isn’t ideal in terms of distance from family, it’s an amazing course so I’d love to join you there sept 22! 😁
I'm a first time applicant - what was the GAMSAT cut-off last year?
Reply 5
Original post by medicphd
I'm a first time applicant - what was the GAMSAT cut-off last year?

I have a feeling it was 62 but can’t remember for sure! Might be on last years tsr thread :smile:
I have a feeling it was 62 but can’t remember for sure! Might be on last years tsr thread :smile:

Yeah 62 for non welsh applicants - I got 61 and just missed out :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Original post by asphodel77
Yeah 62 for non welsh applicants - I got 61 and just missed out :rolleyes:

I also have 61 but it was 59 I think for Welsh applicants so hopefully it will be the same for me this year!
Does anyone know how many places are offered on the gem course? What is the ratio of applicants to offers and interviews to offers?
Original post by Slothqueen
Does anyone know how many places are offered on the gem course? What is the ratio of applicants to offers and interviews to offers?

Hi, Not 100% certain but I think they have around 90 places and take around 340 to interview, or at least those are the stats I got from last year, you can usually find out through googling it though, the medic portal is a good site to check how many places each course offers, hope that helps
I also have 61 but it was 59 I think for Welsh applicants so hopefully it will be the same for me this year!

I think you’ll be safe with that score as a Welsh applicant 😁
Back again! Any other re-applicants on here?
Original post by 2Ariadne2
Back again! Any other re-applicants on here?

Yup! Think I remember your username from last year. How are you feeling about this round? 😊
Yup! Think I remember your username from last year. How are you feeling about this round? 😊

I got to the interview stage last time, so just trying to figure out ways to improve (it's hard when they don't give much feedback) - how about you?
I got to the interview stage last time, so just trying to figure out ways to improve (it's hard when they don't give much feedback) - how about you?

hi guys! im re applying this year as well - does anyone know how i can go about getting feedback from last year?

Same here, they only gave really minimal feedback but I guess we just have to work with what we got 🤣
Hi All,
this is my first time applying to the UK using UCAS. Might be a stupid question but how do we upload our GAMSAT or MCAT scores to the application. Is there a place where I'm supposed to submit my score? Any help would be appreciated
Reply 17
Is it worth applying to Ulster A101?

Need to decide between Swansea, Nottingham, St Georges, St Andrews and Ulster.
Reply 18
First time applying! I'm an international and have applied to Swansea, Nottingham, Ulster and St Georges (A100). I got a 59 (55, 79, 50) on March gammy so very nervous to get my scores back from September. I think I did quite well but I also went into that sitting with the unfounded confidence of a middle-aged white man which means it could have gone either way really! Swansea is my first choice. The people I know that have gone there are some of the loveliest people I have ever met and I really want to go to a school that admits people like them!
Has anyone else had issues with Swansea saying they haven't received a reference from UCAS??
I've called UCAS who are adamant they've sent the reference and it's Swansea's system which is the problem - but Swansea keep insisting they don't have it and for me to sort it out..... It's very stressful and I'm not sure what to do?!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending