The Student Room Group

Level 4 project management apprenticeship Vs level 6 software engineering apprentice

Hello everyone I need your help.
I have been offered 2 different apprenticeship, but I don't know which one to take. I am leaning towards the software engineering degree apprenticeship but is a digital and Technology solutions degree apprenticeship the same as a Computer science degree or is it completely different.
I know they have topics overlapping, but will the degree be respected the same as a normal degree.
Also I would like to go to a good university to do a master's after the apprenticeship so by doing a degree apprenticeship will that hinder me in the future.
Many Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Aniket Mishra
Hello everyone I need your help.
I have been offered 2 different apprenticeship, but I don't know which one to take. I am leaning towards the software engineering degree apprenticeship but is a digital and Technology solutions degree apprenticeship the same as a Computer science degree or is it completely different.
I know they have topics overlapping, but will the degree be respected the same as a normal degree.
Also I would like to go to a good university to do a master's after the apprenticeship so by doing a degree apprenticeship will that hinder me in the future.
Many Thanks

Digital and Solutions Degree Apprenticeship doesn't sound like Computer Science but that's just from the title but how about you match it against a University course content...

How about focussing on what "job" you want to be in after you finish the apprenticeship that will help you decide what to pick..

Same respect but if not higher for degree apprenticeship by employers because you are getting the "work experience".

Doing a degree apprenticeship will not hinder your chance of doing a masters. They wouldn't have made the concept of it did.
Original post by Ash1234
Digital and Solutions Degree Apprenticeship doesn't sound like Computer Science but that's just from the title but how about you match it against a University course content...

How about focussing on what "job" you want to be in after you finish the apprenticeship that will help you decide what to pick..

Same respect but if not higher for degree apprenticeship by employers because you are getting the "work experience".

Doing a degree apprenticeship will not hinder your chance of doing a masters. They wouldn't have made the concept of it did.

Thanks I appreciate the advice
Ok I will compare the course content.
The thing is I want to work as a software engineer. Therefore, I am leaning towards the degree apprenticeship.
Ok glad to know that it will not hinder me to do a master's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending