The Student Room Group

Anglia Ruskin University A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Coolkingz
Niceeeee, maybe I'll be there soon!

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 41
I live in Essex and my UCAT score is 2500 b2, do you think it would be risky applying there?
Original post by studentLuna
I haven’t narrowed it down yet but so far I’m considering KCL for the EMDP course, ARU ofc, Sunderland, KMMS, Liverpool. But seeing the interim deciles idk if I even have a chance anywhere 😭
What about you?

ARU, kmms, st george's and KCL ( The last one is crazy I know lool, but I want to give it a try) :smile: Don't worry btw, we've got this!!
Reply 43
It's hard to say but I believe they will (hopefully not by too much).

There are two factors in play AFAIKS.

More people taking UCAT this year, is it 2000 more? - so there is more competition.
People maybe applying in larger numbers for mid-ranking Unis this year.

That would suggest that the UCAT score will be a bit higher.
Do you think I would be safe applying to ARU with 2670 band 3? Achieved grades A* Biology AA in Chemistry and Maths and A* in EPQ. Would the Band 3 put me at a disadvantage post interview if I were to get an interview?
is it worth applying to ARU as a graduate with an average UCAT of 660?
Reply 46
Would it be worth applying to ARU with a UCAT score of 2440 B2?
(edited 2 years ago)
From my understanding, they rank based on UCAT as long as you meet minimum A-Levels/GCSEs and then give out interviews. Whilst offers are only subjective to interview performance and reading of PS between two similar scoring candidates?
Not 100% sure, so probably wait for someone with more experience to reply but this is just my understanding.
Does anyone know if ARU will be doing their interviews online again? I have checked their website and I can't find anything on it. I ask because they say that their interviews will occur between "6 - 14 December 2021" and "6 - 14 January 2022" and I'm going abroad in early January :/

I emailed them and they replied with this:
"Many thanks for your email and interest in our Medicine MBChB. We are anticipating that interviews will be held in person this year, however, we are still making final changes and this may change.

Our website will be updated with the latest information."
Not what I wanted to hear :frown:
Reply 49
I emailed them and they replied with this:
"Many thanks for your email and interest in our Medicine MBChB. We are anticipating that interviews will be held in person this year, however, we are still making final changes and this may change.

Our website will be updated with the latest information."
Not what I wanted to hear :frown:

Interviews are much more natural in person! Is the travelling a problem? :smile:
Original post by RA:)
Interviews are much more natural in person! Is the travelling a problem? :smile:

Yeah I'm going to be abroad in January but I'll be back by the 12th and their January slot is from 6th to 14th January so maybe they'd allow me to have the interview between the 12th and 14th? (Assuming I firstly got an interview and secondly got the January window rather than the December one).
Reply 51
Yeah I'm going to be abroad in January but I'll be back by the 12th and their January slot is from 6th to 14th January so maybe they'd allow me to have the interview between the 12th and 14th? (Assuming I firstly got an interview and secondly got the January window rather than the December one).

Historically, they’ve given interview invites based on high to low UCAT score. I recall yours being on the higher end so there’s a fairly good chance you’d be invited for the December interviews (considering UCAT cutoffs don’t suddenly go ridiculously high this year). They’ve also always given the chance for you to book a specific date and time which suits you best… Obviously there’s a risk there though as nothing is certain to be the same this year. It’s probably something worth pondering over :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

They do sometimes ask in advance for you to say if you can't make certain dates etc? So they could let you say you won't be there, especially if they're pre-publishing dates anyway.
Historically, they’ve given interview invites based on high to low UCAT score. I recall yours being on the higher end so there’s a fairly good chance you’d be invited for the December interviews (considering UCAT cutoffs don’t suddenly go ridiculously high this year). They’ve also always given the chance for you to book a specific date and time which suits you best… Obviously there’s a risk there though as nothing is certain to be the same this year. It’s probably something worth pondering over :smile:

Yeah hopefully it works out, I really don't wanna miss the interview
Original post by becausethenight
They do sometimes ask in advance for you to say if you can't make certain dates etc? So they could let you say you won't be there, especially if they're pre-publishing dates anyway.

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind thanks :smile:
Hello everyone,

I've been scrolling through student room for a few days now trying to ascertain where would be best to apply. I'm in my final year of my biomedical science degree and I'm looking at undergraduate medicine.
There are people with higher stats than me getting rejected and people with lower stats getting interviews so if anyone could give me some clarity and soothe my nerves it would be much appreciated!

My stats:
UK student
Predicted 1st in Biomedical Science
Ucat: 2670 B3. I scored above 500 in all sections with 740 VR
A levels: absolutely awful so out of the question haha
GCSE: 5 A's 5 B's
Work experience: volunteering for over a year at a busy London hospital.

I also live in the ARU catchment area. Do you think my stats would put me in good standing for an interview?
Thank you :smile:
Hello undergrad here just did my UCAT today. Just wondering which unis I can apply to and which ones I'm most likely to get into!

A-Levels (achieved)- bio chem and maths: A*A*A*
GCSE- 9887666654 (these include 6s in English and 8 in maths. bio-7 chem-8 and physics-9

UCAT: 2800
VR- 570
DM- 670
QR- 760
AR- 800
SJT- Band 2

Applied for Plymouth, hull, kent, and Liverpool last year. only got an interview at Plymouth and the score was only 5 points off the cut-off ://

Work experience- worked in Sainsbury's for a year lol and going to shadow in a hospital with physios, consultants, surgeons, pharmacists for a week starting tomorrow. also going to work in the NHS as a nursing assistant for a year throughout my gap year. going to volunteer for the NHS also. also volunteered at a care home for 3 days. and done bsms virtual work experience and observe gp virtual work experience

Will I be able to get in for ARU?
Reply 57
Hey all, current medic at ARU. If you have any q’s about the campus/city/course feel free to reply on this thread or PM me. (Won’t be answering any admissions related q’s lol)
Hey all, current medic at ARU. If you have any q’s about the campus/city/course feel free to reply on this thread or PM me. (Won’t be answering any admissions related q’s lol)

this is literally the silliest question ever but ive always wondered where in the world do you guys do your food shopping because it always looks like accommodation is so far from a town so does ARU have a town centre nearby for leisure and shopping etc which is accessible without driving?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by PastelColours
this is literally the silliest question ever but ive always wondered where in the world do you guys do your food shopping because it always looks like accommodation is so far from a town so does ARU have a town centre nearby for leisure and shopping etc which is accessible without driving?

These are the real questions that need to be asked! And about Deliveroo and Uber Eats?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending