The Student Room Group

Medicine and UCAT date?

I am currently doing a foundation year in physics, I am in freshers week. I didn’t do physics a level so that is why I’m doing it. However after being here I’ve acknowledged I really want to do medicine so I was considering a gap year to apply to med next year, however I never knew the UCAT had to be sat so early - latest test is 29th sept and it’s currently the 21st.
Am I reading something wrong? Is this seriously the last possible date? I’ve been reading and apparently the UCAT is stupidly hard, and considering I’m at uni right now I really don’t think I’ll be able to pass it, let alone get a competitive score.
Please let me know if there’s some things I don’t know about - none of my family know anything about uni or went there, so I’m really quite alone in doing this. If there’s any other procedures I’d need to take, please let me know.
Original post by Maxwellst
I am currently doing a foundation year in physics, I am in freshers week. I didn’t do physics a level so that is why I’m doing it. However after being here I’ve acknowledged I really want to do medicine so I was considering a gap year to apply to med next year, however I never knew the UCAT had to be sat so early - latest test is 29th sept and it’s currently the 21st.
Am I reading something wrong? Is this seriously the last possible date? I’ve been reading and apparently the UCAT is stupidly hard, and considering I’m at uni right now I really don’t think I’ll be able to pass it, let alone get a competitive score.
Please let me know if there’s some things I don’t know about - none of my family know anything about uni or went there, so I’m really quite alone in doing this. If there’s any other procedures I’d need to take, please let me know.

The only thing I can think of is drop out before ur course starts and apply to do UCAT next year for 2023 entry. U can also try emailing the unis ur interested in if u have any questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending