The Student Room Group

I want to apply to an ABB with ABBD

Hi, I got BBD in my A levels and a B in EPQ but I want to apply to a ABB course. I am currently taking a brand new a level, Psychology, and I’ve got a predicted grade of an A. Essentially what I’m asking is, is it very unlikely I’d get accepted into a uni with entry requirements of ABB with grades of BBD+B and an A predicted grade?
Forget the EPQ, if it’s affecting your alevels don’t take it
Hardly any universities lower a grade if you take an EPQ, even then you’ll need an A*
Depends on the university, some may still take you in on results day if you miss the grades but I’d suggest focusing on your three alevels as grades matter more
Yes, they might give you an offer.
Reply 3
Original post by planktion34
Forget the EPQ, if it’s affecting your alevels don’t take it
Hardly any universities lower a grade if you take an EPQ, even then you’ll need an A*
Depends on the university, some may still take you in on results day if you miss the grades but I’d suggest focusing on your three alevels as grades matter more

Hi, I’ve already done the EPQ; the BBD + B in EPQ are my grades I’ve already got and I’ve got an A predicted grade
Original post by kzadboy7
Hi, I’ve already done the EPQ; the BBD + B in EPQ are my grades I’ve already got and I’ve got an A predicted grade

I would probably just check with them that they consider grades achieved over different sittings.

My mistake, so with your 3 best alevels, you would have ABB + B in epq?
Yeah you’ll be taken in because you meet the grades
University won’t consider your 4th alevel, they’ll pick the best 3 :biggrin:
I was in a similar situation last year and I was taken in
Reply 6
Original post by planktion34
My mistake, so with your 3 best alevels, you would have ABB + B in epq?
Yeah you’ll be taken in because you meet the grades
University won’t consider your 4th alevel, they’ll pick the best 3 :biggrin:
I was in a similar situation last year and I was taken in

Would they still consider my best three if my best is a predicted grade? Like would they only look at the ABB or would they consider the BBD?
Would they still consider my best three if my best is a predicted grade? Like would they only look at the ABB or would they consider the BBD?

When you apply you would have a predicted A grade and achieved 2 a level grades BB so you would partially meet their conditions
You would just need to achieve the A in physiology to meet the requirements of ABB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending