The Student Room Group

people are scared of me

i have some examples ,girl who was infront of her house ready to walk in but did it way faster when she saw me even though i was 10 meters away from her, boy who is bigger than me and stronger because im female ,he didnt wanted to walk past me so he went to the other side of road ,i have more but this is enough ,and also everyday stares from people ,always negative ,things are better when i wear a mask but still stares , i have very assymetrical face which i thought would be more acceptable with a mask but it seems i look barely better with mask on .In mirror i look normal ,but back camera ,ugly.Still its weird to me that people are scared of me just because im ugly like why would i do anything to them ?plus im female skinny and short so obviously not strong.Also when people stare at me and i look at them they look away like they dont want to make eye contact with me why is that?

Scroll to see replies

Do you smile often?
Original post by vanja2000
i have some examples ,girl who was infront of her house ready to walk in but did it way faster when she saw me even though i was 10 meters away from her, boy who is bigger than me and stronger because im female ,he didnt wanted to walk past me so he went to the other side of road ,i have more but this is enough ,and also everyday stares from people ,always negative ,things are better when i wear a mask but still stares , i have very assymetrical face which i thought would be more acceptable with a mask but it seems i look barely better with mask on .In mirror i look normal ,but back camera ,ugly.Still its weird to me that people are scared of me just because im ugly like why would i do anything to them ?plus im female skinny and short so obviously not strong.Also when people stare at me and i look at them they look away like they dont want to make eye contact with me why is that?

Baby’s are scared of me 🤣😭
I don't think anyone is scared of you lol. I think you could possibly be paranoid.
Reply 4

"everyone" sounds like a generalisation. Are you scared of yourself? Is your family scared of you? What about your friends? How do you feel about your appearance? By the sounds of the above description, some strangers have negative body language coincidentally at the same time as you're around them.

May I ask whether people were avoiding you on the roads prior Covid-19? I can definitely relate to this, btw. No stranger ever wants to get into a 2 meter distance of me nowadays if they can avoid it.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Do you smile often?

no because i look worse then and why would i smile to a random strangers ?thats not common in my country
Reply 6
Baby’s are scared of me 🤣😭

well they are babies ,of course they are im talking about people who are grown up with developed thoughts and emotions
Reply 7
Original post by nnth
"everyone" sounds like a generalisation. Are you scared of yourself? Is your family scared of you? What about your friends? How do you feel about your appearance? By the sounds of the above description, some strangers have negative body language coincidentally at the same time as you're around them.

May I ask whether people were avoiding you on the roads prior Covid-19? I can definitely relate to this, btw. No stranger ever wants to get into a 2 meter distance of me nowadays if they can avoid it.

my father,mother and older brother say im beautiful and i think they really think that ,younger brother from time to time tells me im ugly and then says he is joking but i dont believe him.Family is subjective ,they grew up with me and they are used to seeing my face.Also that cannot be coincidence i would like if it were,but with that girl ,i dont thinks so ,also stares from people are towards me i can see that.Yes they were avoiding me before covid 2019 was the worst year before covid when i noticed suddenly a lot of people started to notice me ,earlier it wasnt too often or i dont remember idk.After covid and now its definitely worst ,or am i maybe too aware of people around me ,just google assymetrical jaw and add to that crooked nose and uneven eyes and i look like that
no because i look worse then and why would i smile to a random strangers ?thats not common in my country

Your country?
Reply 9
Original post by SlaveofAll
Your country?

Serbia.I never saw that random stranger smiles to me or to anyone at point where they just cross street and walk past each other
Serbia.I never saw that random stranger smiles to me or to anyone at point where they just cross street and walk past each other

I kinda see myself in you, except that strangers aren't afraid of me, although I feel empty due to inadequate attention from almost anyone.
Reply 11
Original post by SlaveofAll
I kinda see myself in you, except that strangers aren't afraid of me, although I feel empty due to inadequate attention from almost anyone.

i would rather be ignored my whole life ,than to recieve negative attention
i would rather be ignored my whole life ,than to recieve negative attention

I was talking about positive attention (in my case).
well they are babies ,of course they are im talking about people who are grown up with developed thoughts and emotions

Eh ?
why don’t u ask them
Highly doubt anyone is scared of you even if you are ugly plus you’re short so it’s not like you’re the bfg or anything. I think it’s your mindset and what you’ve created x
Well as someone who also has these features, I think the solution is just accepting the fact we are ugly and it's okay to be ugly. Ugliness doesn't automatically mean you are evil or bad as much as the movies or media keeps pushing this narrative down. Sure it's much harder to be a girl and have a ugly face but an ugly face isn't the end of the world. I am ugly and honestly you do stop caring about it and it makes you stronger after sometime of enduring random abuse from people and completely biased comments.
There are many things outside of your face you can work on to build on your self-esteem and take care of your health and mind, sleep well, drink water, de-stress (one of the most important things).

Maybe they are noticing you more because you are more self-conscious of them now that your main focus when outside is "Oh, everyone thinks I am ugly and they are walking away because I am scary to them." You're making this cycle continue, I would advise unless someone comes up to you and says "Hey, you're ugly and scary." ( Even then you can tell them to fu*k off ) then you just go about your day, put some music on, focus on your breath and carry on with your day.

I think as long as you're trying your best to look presentable and smell good (even then everyone can have bad days and that's okay, you're not expected to be perfect) then your really not doing anything wrong, you don't have to bend your back to please the narrow-minded views of people, just save your mind the peace and find things you love to do and eventually the behaviour and opinions of strangers that just don't care about you will not matter.

No one is better for being born with a pretty face, just like no one is worse for being born with an ugly face, therefore anyone that tries goes after things at face value always ends up learning the hard way. Just be kind to yourself and your "ugly" face because there's more of these "ugly" faces out there and well you're not alone.

Or, if it's something that's majorly impairing your life, there's the option of working hard, saving some money and fixing what you consider you need to fix.

just google assymetrical jaw and add to that crooked nose and uneven eyes and i look like that
Reply 16
Eh ?
why don’t u ask them

to ask random people why they are staring at me?i probably am right its because i am ugly but still would you look at someone who is unpleasant to your eyes?
Can I just say that no one is actually ugly. It’s how you perceive yourself. How you perceive yourself is how others will see you TRUST ME. You might not be the prettiest girl in the room but how you carry yourself and what you think of yourself will determine the definition of “beautiful”. I’ve seen rude ugly girls say they’re beautiful all the time. Don’t let someone else’s definition of ugly change what you think you are. You’re beautiful and I mean it. Everyone is beautiful in their own way, like features. So take a look at yourself, there’s something that you have, that maybe someone else pays for or that is your best feature. Change your mindset and it’ll change you x
Also no one really looks at something ugly, why would they waste their time. So imagine if this whole time people were staring at you because you’re pretty. Honestly, try it; wake up every morning and tell yourself you’re beautiful no matter what ANYONE tells you, you’re absolutely gorgeous x
Reply 19
Also no one really looks at something ugly, why would they waste their time. So imagine if this whole time people were staring at you because you’re pretty. Honestly, try it; wake up every morning and tell yourself you’re beautiful no matter what ANYONE tells you, you’re absolutely gorgeous x

well thank you for tryng to make me feel better, yea i dont like how i look and i cannot change it ,still how can people feel that?others also said it ,how you think of yourself others will think it too, or if you dont like yourself ,why would others like you?But the thing is ,i would like myself if others first liked me.But yeah i definitely need to stop caring what people think about me .You said no one looks at something ugly, uhm dunno about that but maybe i have that not average ugly look , i have face which you cant see often maybe thats why i attract attention ,i never saw anyone that looks like me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending