The Student Room Group

Statistical Officer GSS Recruitment Process

Scroll to see replies

Has any one had their department allocation and is just waiting for their background checks? Mine is taking super long, just wanna know if anyone elses is taking long too 😑
Reply 21
Hi guys, I am too in the same boat as you have been. I have another offer which is good but nothing compared to the StO offer, can you give me any more info on how long you guys had to wait in total and what you were offered in the end? Only got a couple days to accept or decline the other offer so any insight would be fab :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by theys01
Hi guys, I am too in the same boat as you have been. I have another offer which is good but nothing compared to the StO offer, can you give me any more info on how long you guys had to wait in total and what you were offered in the end? Only got a couple days to accept or decline the other offer so any insight would be fab :smile:

Hi how did you exemplify acquiring data and understanding customer needs in your personal statement
Reply 23
Original post by lpyem5
Hi how did you exemplify acquiring data and understanding customer needs in your personal statement

I talked about my dissertation for the acquiring data (e.g. lit review, survey design and data collection) and my analyst role on placement (e.g. understanding why the analysis had to be done, keeping the stakeholder/ customers involved throughout and offering follow up advice once the project/needs had been met)
Reply 24
Original post by theys01
I talked about my dissertation for the acquiring data (e.g. lit review, survey design and data collection) and my analyst role on placement (e.g. understanding why the analysis had to be done, keeping the stakeholder/ customers involved throughout and offering follow up advice once the project/needs had been met)

Aw thank you this is really helpful. Did you give each paragraph / STAR like a subheading to signpost each competency or did you jsut do it as a typical personal statement
Reply 25
Original post by lpyem5
Aw thank you this is really helpful. Did you give each paragraph / STAR like a subheading to signpost each competency or did you jsut do it as a typical personal statement

yeah did each STAR answer a subheading to the competency
Reply 26
Original post by theys01
yeah did each STAR answer a subheading to the competency

Thank you and good luck:smile:
You know for the test, what level of Maths knowledge should you have?

Is it beyond S1(A Level Maths)?
Reply 28
Original post by Shafy97
You know for the test, what level of Maths knowledge should you have?

Is it beyond S1(A Level Maths)?

I found it really hard personally its a mix of stats questions and maths
Original post by lpyem5
I found it really hard personally its a mix of stats questions and maths

Yeah that's what I thought as well, by doing it earlier.
There was a mixture of log, regression, confidence interval, standard deviation and percentage type questions on there. It seemed harder than S1.
Has anyone applied for the GSS summer placement? I was told I was successful at interview but waiting for an offer.
So how long did it take from the StO interview to starting a job?
Original post by bouaziz.ieva
So how long did it take from the StO interview to starting a job?

6 months for me. The waiting time is really awful
Any updates on those who were waiting for a role? And anyone who has since accepted an offer to join the gss, how are you finding it?
Reply 34
Original post by Missvo59
Any updates on those who were waiting for a role? And anyone who has since accepted an offer to join the gss, how are you finding it?

hope the role is going well! what is the statistics like for your work, like what sort of maths do you do, is it S1 or S2 level?
Reply 35
Hi Yeah I did passed interview in August and been told to send documents. I sent them earlier in August haven’t heard back anything as of yet. Though they have asked me to send the documents again through the civil service portal but no update from GSS. Is your vetting over and do you have a role now? I am still waiting and now thinking to apply for other jobs as well
Reply 36
Original post by Madiha!
Hi Yeah I did passed interview in August and been told to send documents. I sent them earlier in August haven’t heard back anything as of yet. Though they have asked me to send the documents again through the civil service portal but no update from GSS. Is your vetting over and do you have a role now? I am still waiting and now thinking to apply for other jobs as well.

Any updates
Original post by Madiha!
Hi Yeah I did passed interview in August and been told to send documents. I sent them earlier in August haven’t heard back anything as of yet. Though they have asked me to send the documents again through the civil service portal but no update from GSS. Is your vetting over and do you have a role now? I am still waiting and now thinking to apply for other jobs as well

I think I’m in the same boat as you, except I don’t know anything about a portal! There was a link to a “people portal” on an email after I sent off my documents but it was a faulty link, and trying to google it just came up with a pension portal 😵*💫 any help?
Reply 38
Original post by bethkerwin
I think I’m in the same boat as you, except I don’t know anything about a portal! There was a link to a “people portal” on an email after I sent off my documents but it was a faulty link, and trying to google it just came up with a pension portal 😵*💫 any help?

By portal I mean the civil service website where we apply and get updates about. So I received another email from civil service asking to send documents again after 6 weeks but no update from GSS even after submitting my documents .
Original post by Madiha!
By portal I mean the civil service website where we apply and get updates about. So I received another email from civil service asking to send documents again after 6 weeks but no update from GSS even after submitting my documents .

Ah right I see! I had an email about a week or two (at the beginning of august) after sending my documents from the recruitment manager saying they’ve received them - did you not get that?
That’s also the last I’ve heard from them. I could try contacting that person on Monday as that’ll be 6 weeks since the interviews ended but apart from that it just seems like a long waiting game :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending