The Student Room Group

Which universities should I preferred for busines and management course among these?

I have Applied to Aberdeen,
Dundee
, Stirling,
Brunel,
Surrey,
Oxford Brookes,
Surrey,
Exeter
You did use UCAS, right? You can only apply to 5 universities using UCAS.
Original post by Aspstudent
You did use UCAS, right? You can only apply to 5 universities using UCAS.

I didn't knew about UCAS . I have applied through one of the agent in India(origin)
You can only apply to 5 choices.
And you don't need an agent - its waste of money.
Original post by McGinger
You can only apply to 5 choices.
And you don't need an agent - its waste of money.

Yeah true. I realized
but the ship has already sailed
What to do now?
please suggest
None of the Unis you have listed are 'known' for Business courses.
If you have the grades, you'd be better looking at UCL, Warwick, Bristol and Bath, with Stirling as your Insurance choice.

The problem with using an agent is that they will tell you to apply to the Unis where they get the biggest commission/fee - not the best Unis for your subject or the best Unis for you.
Original post by aayushtrivedi05
Dundee
, Stirling,
Brunel,
Surrey,
Oxford Brookes,
Surrey,
Exeter

Hi there

It's great to hear you have applied to Surrey!

It's a very difficult decision trying to decide what university is better for you, however some tips I have is to look closer into each course, the modules etc. From there, have a general idea of what course you like better, what modules appeal to you more. You can also look at the university itself, compare the universities based on facilities, support or literally anything you think is important to you for a university to have, You can have a look at accommodation or the town. That way you are taking into account many factors that may help you decide. I would also suggest speaking to your family and friends about each university and see which one you're more passionate about when speaking to them

I hope this helps, and if you do have any questions or want to find out more about Surrey, please let me know!

Becca (Psychology Student)
None of the Unis you have listed are 'known' for Business courses.
If you have the grades, you'd be better looking at UCL, Warwick, Bristol and Bath, with Stirling as your Insurance choice.

The problem with using an agent is that they will tell you to apply to the Unis where they get the biggest commission/fee - not the best Unis for your subject or the best Unis for you.

prsom!
Original post by Aspstudent
prsom!

I regret now for applying through agent
but my qualifications are 2:2 and some are not taking january intake
What are the problems I have to face now as I have applied to so many universities?
If you are applying for a Graduate course then the advice about 5 choices/UCAS does not apply - you apply direct to the Uni for postgrad courses in the UK.
I regret now for applying through agent
but my qualifications are 2:2 and some are not taking january intake
What are the problems I have to face now as I have applied to so many universities?

Are you applying for an undergraduate degree or a masters degree? You have not stated in your original post so it is unclear. If you are applying for a masters course (which presumably you would be since you have an undergraduate degree classification and are looking at January intakes) then you don't apply through UCAS and can apply to more than 5 uni, so that is fine.

Assuming you have applied already to those unis for a masters course, I would say wait until you see what offers you get. The 2:2 is likely to limit you somewhat so you may find your range of choices shorter than the full list you applied to anyway in the end as some might reject you - I think Exeter might be a long shot with a 2:2 honestly.

As noted above none of those unis are that well known for business/management, and especially at masters level for the fees you pay for that and the intensive nature of the course you really want to maximise your value for money by going to a well established/known business school. You may be better off working for a few years and applying to MBAs a little later into your career mainly on the back of your work experience to ameliorate the 2:2 in your undergraduate degree.
(edited 2 years ago)
If you are applying for a Graduate course then the advice about 5 choices/UCAS does not apply - you apply direct to the Uni for postgrad courses in the UK.

So I can hope that there will be no problem ahead?
Original post by artful_lounger
Are you applying for an undergraduate degree or a masters degree? You have not stated in your original post so it is unclear. If you are applying for a masters course (which presumably you would be since you have an undergraduate degree classification and are looking at January intakes) then you don't apply through UCAS and can apply to more than 5 uni, so that is fine.

Assuming you have applied already to those unis for a masters course, I would say wait until you see what offers you get. The 2:2 is likely to limit you somewhat so you may find your range of choices shorter than the full list you applied to anyway in the end as some might reject you - I think Exeter might be a long shot with a 2:2 honestly.

As noted above none of those unis are that well known for business/management, and especially at masters level for the fees you pay for that and the intensive nature of the course you really want to maximise your value for money by going to a well established/known business school. You may be better off working for a few years and applying to MBAs a little later into your career mainly on the back of your work experience to ameliorate the 2:2 in your undergraduate degree.

Thanks a lot. But there are some situations i cant wait for, I have got Offer letter for Exeter and Dundee . I just wanted to know if these universities like Exeter, Brunel, Stirling are good according to my grades? also is Aston good in business should I apply for that too?
Thanks a lot. But there are some situations i cant wait for, I have got Offer letter for Exeter and Dundee . I just wanted to know if these universities like Exeter, Brunel, Stirling are good according to my grades? also is Aston good in business should I apply for that too?

Tbh Exeter is probably the best option out of them...if you have an offer from there and can pay the fees then the others are probably not going to be much better than that, if at all.

There are better unis elsewhere but, I'm not sure if you could make a competitive application to them with a 2:2. That said I still think you would be better off taking a few years to work and then apply for an MBA personally.
Hello! I am an MSc Marketing applicant. I've received offers from the following, any suggestions will help me make decision call.
1. Exeter. 2. Strathclyde. 3. Cranfield. 4. Aston. 5. Liverpool. 6. Bristol
Thank you.
Original post by Aisha_alizeh
Hello! I am an MSc Marketing applicant. I've received offers from the following, any suggestions will help me make decision call.
Thank you.

Hi @Aisha_alizeh!

Cranfield would be happy to have you!

Here you can read more about our facilities and the course: https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/som/masters-courses/strategic-marketing

You can chat with our current Student Ambassadors in the chat function on the website as well, so if you have any questions about studying at Cranfield University, we are here to help!

All the best,

Cranfield TSR Rep
Reply 16
Dundee
, Stirling,
Brunel,
Surrey,
Oxford Brookes,
Surrey,
Exeter

Exeter is quite easily the best option but if you can get in there, you may be able to get into warwick for business, which is quite a bit better.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 17
Thank you.

Bristol 100000%
Thank you.

Exeter is the best of those.
Thank you.

Hi Aisha,

Congratulations on your offers! I am a student at Cranfield university so hopefully I can help answer some of your questions!
What course do you hold an offer for? What are you looking to get out of your study?

Katherine
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending