The Student Room Group

Edge Hill University A100 2022 Entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for Edge Hill A100.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about Edge Hill.
:biggrin:

Welcome to the Edge Hill A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

Edge Hill A100 2021 thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560638

For general information click: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/courses/medicine/

For entry requirements click: https://www.edgehill.ac.uk/courses/m...ntry-criteria/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey - you need to wander elsewhere, as interview to offer ratio was 27% last year!
Reply 2
You have amazing stats, they would be lucky to have you, but I think you have safer options!
Reply 3
Despite what some people would try and tell you, the newer med schools are some of the most competitive. Here, ARU, Exeter, Plymouth, UCLan have low interview to offer ratios, but Kings, Sheffield, Birmingham, Nottingham, St Andrews are usually much higher. Having said that, traditional patterns are likely to go out the window this year!
Reply 4
Because some med schools got caught with over-offering more than others last year, and they have varying numbers of enforced deferrals and different policies on what TAGs resits they will accept, so this will influence the numbers of interviews they offer. This has the biggest effect on cut offs, but there are so many (hidden) factors at play this year, it is going to be impossible to work it out
Reply 5
I have given up expecting anything and just let each step be a lovely surprise :biggrin: (or a slap in the face with a wet fish, depending on how you look at it :lol: )
I am a resit student.

Achieved: A* Maths, A Chemistry
Predicted: A for Biology

UCAT: 2490:s-smilie: Band 1

I have the BSMS, Observe GP work experience. Also I have got Care Home experience.

Should I apply?
Reply 7
Original post by hamzih.ata
I am a resit student.

Achieved: A* Maths, A Chemistry
Predicted: A for Biology

UCAT: 2490:s-smilie: Band 1

I have the BSMS, Observe GP work experience. Also I have got Care Home experience.

Should I apply?

Cut off was 2500 for 2021 entry
Original post by GANFYD
Cut off was 2500 for 2021 entry

It was also 2450 for 2020. Do you think I stand a chance?
Reply 9
Original post by hamzih.ata
It was also 2450 for 2020. Do you think I stand a chance?

With only 15 places and many more people applying for medicine, I am not sure it is going to go down for 2022 entry
Hello undergrad here just did my UCAT today. Just wondering which unis I can apply to and which ones I'm most likely to get into!

A-Levels (achieved)- bio chem and maths: A*A*A*
GCSE- 9887666654 (these include 6s in English and 8 in maths. bio-7 chem-8 and physics-9

UCAT: 2800
VR- 570
DM- 670
QR- 760
AR- 800
SJT- Band 2

Applied for Plymouth, hull, kent, and Liverpool last year. only got an interview at Plymouth and the score was only 5 points off the cut-off ://

Work experience- worked in Sainsbury's for a year lol and going to shadow in a hospital with physios, consultants, surgeons, pharmacists for a week starting tomorrow. also going to work in the NHS as a nursing assistant for a year throughout my gap year. going to volunteer for the NHS also. also volunteered at a care home for 3 days. and done bsms virtual work experience and observe gp virtual work experience

Will I be able to get in for edge hill?
Reply 11
Sorry wrong thread*
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
GCSE’s (06/2011):
Biology A
Chemistry A*
English A
Mathematics A
3 more GCSE at A and 2 at B (Geography, Physics)
GCSE short-course ICT A* (not sure what short course is)

A-levels (06/2013):
Biology C
Chemistry - A
Economics A*
EPQ E

(06/2014) In 2014 I took a gap year, did some work experience, and took a resit in my biology as-well as well as take on AS level (not full a-level) business studies, achieving an A in both (06/2014)

Following this, I went to university:
Date of registration; 22/Sep/2014
End of registration; 23/Sep/2019
Qualification Awarded; MPHARM Pharmacy Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
Date of Award; 01/Oct/2019

After degree, I started pre-registration trainee Pharmacist, 30th Sept 2019 27th Sept 2020. Following this there was the wait for the GPHC exam due to covid, and I finally became a registered Pharmacist on 15/05/2021.

UCAT:
Total score 2580 (645) Band 2
(verbal reasoning score was 550).

Work experience: not yet, but planning to get some next few weeks.

No WP or contextual flags

do you guys think edge hill would be a good choice?
Reply 13
Is there anywhere that I can find the usual number of places available on courses please? I’ve done loads of research, pretty much decided EH would make the list and then found they offer between 15-30 places to their top applicants??
Original post by PDQ2003
Is there anywhere that I can find the usual number of places available on courses please? I’ve done loads of research, pretty much decided EH would make the list and then found they offer between 15-30 places to their top applicants??

it's technically the same applicant: offer ratio as any other medical school. it obviously just looks scary because its only 15:frown:. I read somewhere they had about 250 applicants last year.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by PDQ2003

You can check websites and FOIs

For 2021, Edge Hill had 19 places; 311 Applications; 107 Interviews and made 28 Offers.
They did make 40 offers for 2020 entry, but were obviously more sensible than some about over-offering last year!

So an applicant to offer ratio of about 11 and an interview to offer ratio of 26%

UCL had an applicant to offer ratio of 3.7 last year and interview to offer of 89%; Barts was 2.8 and interview to offer 73%; Liverpool 5.7 and 29%; UEA 3.5 and 69% (all Home applicants), to give you some comparisons
Reply 16
Hi planning to apply for 2022
How is ur experience soo far
Is it too competitive to get in
Share ur experience asap
Reply 17
Well, according to the post above yours, 19 for 2021 entry. What is confusing?
Reply 18
I can't decide between Plymouth (cutoff 2400) or Edge Hill (cutoff 2500) and I have 2460 :frown: I know both are subject to change but with increased competition for both I can't tell which is 'safer'? Plus the fact there's only 30 places max for home students is it worth applying?
Reply 19
Original post by glabib
I can't decide between Plymouth (cutoff 2400) or Edge Hill (cutoff 2500) and I have 2460 :frown: I know both are subject to change but with increased competition for both I can't tell which is 'safer'? Plus the fact there's only 30 places max for home students is it worth applying?

Edge hill have very low intake compared to other med schools from home that’s what I heard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending