The Student Room Group

Aston University A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Could you tag me as well? I think most unis close at 5pm?
: )) Good luck with the party planning I hope he enjoys his birthday
Oof thank you for calling up though!
Sadly I’m not surprised...
Cheers for calling them though, and for letting us know! :smile:
Original post by stevo000
does anyone know what the previous cut-offs were out of 24?

Apparently 20/24 in 2019 and 18/24 in 2020. I got that from the 2021 entry thread.

Also, just wanted to ask whether the selection criteria for this year has changed much from last year, as someone (I think it was @WiseWoman1 ) was recommending that a total score of about 28-30/36 would be safe for getting shortlisted to interview. Also, is it true that ppl with achieved A-levels receive a maxed out GCSE score (24/24)?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by KA_P
Apparently 20/24 in 2019 and 18/24 in 2020. I got that from the 2021 entry thread.

Also, just wanted to ask whether the selection criteria for this year has changed much from last year, as someone (I think it was @WiseWoman1 ) was recommending that a total score of about 28-30/36 would be safe for getting shortlisted to interview. Also, is it true that ppl with achieved A-levels receive a maxed out GCSE score (24/24)?

They add points from achieved A levels to UCAT score, so depends what that adds up to?
Original post by GANFYD
They add points from achieved A levels to UCAT score, so depends what that adds up to?

So for me, with 2 A*s (one is EPQ) and 2 As, my A-level score would be 14/16 I think. Or if the EPQ isn't included it'd be 10/12.
My GCSE score is 22/24.
My UCAT score is 7.5/12 ( I think it's this if 2600-2700 is worth 7.5)
How would my A-Levels be added to the UCAT score?
I feel like I'm not making any sense, so apologies in advance aha, I think I've been scrolling thru tsr for too long.
Original post by KA_P
So for me, with 2 A*s (one is EPQ) and 2 As, my A-level score would be 14/16 I think. Or if the EPQ isn't included it'd be 10/12.
My GCSE score is 22/24.
I feel like I'm not making any sense, so apologies in advance aha, I think I've been scrolling thru tsr for too long.

where did you find that UCAT scoring system?
Original post by stevo000
where did you find that UCAT scoring system?

I have 23/24 for GCSE however, my UCAT is quite low- 2420 Band 2. Does anyone know how many points that is?

I saw this too. I have no idea how their scoring system works.
and @stevo000
So I'm not completely sure if it's right, but this is what they were going off last year it looks like. I've copied someone's post from last year so sorry for copying!

Spoiler

I don't know if some of the info is confirmed though. Also, the thing about achieved A-Level applicants having a total of 48 seems a bit iffy since that would suggest they are being assessed separately to everyone else with a total of 36.

Edit: Hi, @Sheery_R , would you be able to confirm whether this information is right and where you got it from? Sorry for disturbing you! : )
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by KA_P
My GCSE score is 22/24.

They will only score 3 A levels, as that is their requirement.
They add GCSE and A level score together, so you would max out at 24 and then add this to UCAT
Original post by GANFYD
They will only score 3 A levels, as that is their requirement.
They add GCSE and A level score together, so you would max out at 24 and then add this to UCAT

Okay thank you very much! Honestly so grateful for you, you're doing an awesome job answering so many people's questions everyday, if I get an offer I want to help people out on tsr as well.
Reply 74
Original post by KA_P
Okay thank you very much! Honestly so grateful for you, you're doing an awesome job answering so many people's questions everyday, if I get an offer I want to help people out on tsr as well.

You would be very welcome, I'm sure :smile:
A few people hang around later in the cycle, but most move on to their exciting new life after they get their offer, just leaving the old and boring (plus a few dedicated bright young things) to repeat the same thing a thousand times :lol:
Original post by GANFYD
You would be very welcome, I'm sure :smile:
A few people hang around later in the cycle, but most move on to their exciting new life after they get their offer, just leaving the old and boring (plus a few dedicated bright young things) to repeat the same thing a thousand times :lol:

ahaha I'm excited
I only got 2430 in my ucat and got all 789s in gcses - do you think i might get an interview?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 2003ana
I only got 2430 in my ucat and got all 789s in a levels - do you think i might get an interview?

I have very similar Results as you. 2420 and all 8s and 9s.
Reply 78
I don't think getting shortlisted for interview pretty much anywhere is something you need to worry about!
Original post by KA_P
@CoochieMan and @stevo000
So I'm not completely sure if it's right, but this is what they were going off last year it looks like. I've copied someone's post from last year so sorry for copying!

Spoiler

I don't know if some of the info is confirmed though. Also, the thing about achieved A-Level applicants having a total of 48 seems a bit iffy since that would suggest they are being assessed separately to everyone else with a total of 36.

Edit: Hi, @Sheery_R , would you be able to confirm whether this information is right and where you got it from? Sorry for disturbing you! : )

Thank you for finding this @KA_P Do you happen to know what the cut-off is out of 36? I score 29.5/36 do you reckon that will be enough or too low?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending