The Student Room Group

University of Bristol A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xizzyxox
is 2880 in the UCAT a bit risky now for Bristol? I'm predicted 3xA*s, and got 7x9s and 3x8s at GCSE

You are 60 points above their cutoff last year, so hopefully would be OK? Obviously there are no guarantees, but if you like Bristol, I would go for it with decently safe other choices.
how does everyone know what last years cut off was? I cant find the stats anywhere
Original post by caitlin09xx
how does everyone know what last years cut off was? I cant find the stats anywhere

It’s either on a Freedom of Information request or based off people last year sharing their scores on last years’ thread :smile:
Reply 63
Will Bristol accept a band 4 in SJT but with a high ucat score ?
Hi I see that a number of people have quoted 2830 as the cutoff for last year. Is this cutoff published by Bristol? just wondering!
Reply 65
Original post by JudySmith
Hi I see that a number of people have quoted 2830 as the cutoff for last year. Is this cutoff published by Bristol? just wondering!

No. It seems none of the med schools are publishing 2021 cut offs in adviace this year, presumably because they are scare of putting people off.
Have a read through last year's thread, probably from about here onwards
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560548&page=27
I don't know if UCAT cutoffs are the same for dentistry and medicine but for 2021 entry, someone from my school applied to Bristol for dentistry with 2790 and got rejected pre-interview but I also watched a Youtube video in which a student was accepted with 2740.:s-smilie:
Hello undergrad here just did my UCAT today. Just wondering which unis I can apply to and which ones I'm most likely to get into!

A-Levels (achieved)- bio chem and maths: A*A*A*
GCSE- 9887666654 (these include 6s in English and 8 in maths. bio-7 chem-8 and physics-9

UCAT: 2800
VR- 570
DM- 670
QR- 760
AR- 800
SJT- Band 2

Applied for Plymouth, hull, kent, and Liverpool last year. only got an interview at Plymouth and the score was only 5 points off the cut-off ://

Work experience- worked in Sainsbury's for a year lol and going to shadow in a hospital with physios, consultants, surgeons, pharmacists for a week starting tomorrow. also going to work in the NHS as a nursing assistant for a year throughout my gap year. going to volunteer for the NHS also. also volunteered at a care home for 3 days. and done bsms virtual work experience and observe gp virtual work experience

Will I be able to get in for bristol?
Original post by prab123889
Hello undergrad here just did my UCAT today. Just wondering which unis I can apply to and which ones I'm most likely to get into!

A-Levels (achieved)- bio chem and maths: A*A*A*
GCSE- 9887666654 (these include 6s in English and 8 in maths. bio-7 chem-8 and physics-9

UCAT: 2800
VR- 570
DM- 670
QR- 760
AR- 800
SJT- Band 2

Applied for Plymouth, hull, kent, and Liverpool last year. only got an interview at Plymouth and the score was only 5 points off the cut-off ://

Work experience- worked in Sainsbury's for a year lol and going to shadow in a hospital with physios, consultants, surgeons, pharmacists for a week starting tomorrow. also going to work in the NHS as a nursing assistant for a year throughout my gap year. going to volunteer for the NHS also. also volunteered at a care home for 3 days. and done bsms virtual work experience and observe gp virtual work experience

Will I be able to get in for bristol?

Please do not double post across multiple threads - I have answered you somewhere, and will not have suggested Bristol as you are below their cutoff for last year!
Original post by GANFYD
No. It seems none of the med schools are publishing 2021 cut offs in adviace this year, presumably because they are scare of putting people off.
Have a read through last year's thread, probably from about here onwards
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560548&page=27

Thank you so much. I am a bit confused about applying to Bristol. My UCAT score is 2820. International student. Applying from Singapore.
VR 590
DM 770
QR 710
AR 750
Band 2
Predicted IB score: 44
Taking HL Chem, HL Bio and HL Global Politics

Taking BMAT in Nov and thinking of applying to Bristol, Leicester, St George's and Imperial. But a bit worried about Bristol and wondering if I should play it safe and apply to Southampton instead. Any thoughts? much appreciated. Also still debating between Imperial Vs UCL for BMAT
Reply 70
Thank you so much. I am a bit confused about applying to Bristol. My UCAT score is 2820. International student. Applying from Singapore.
VR 590
DM 770
QR 710
AR 750
Band 2
Predicted IB score: 44
Taking HL Chem, HL Bio and HL Global Politics

Taking BMAT in Nov and thinking of applying to Bristol, Leicester, St George's and Imperial. But a bit worried about Bristol and wondering if I should play it safe and apply to Southampton instead. Any thoughts? much appreciated. Also still debating between Imperial Vs UCL for BMAT

International cut off seemed to be 2870 last year, so Bristol may be risky.
Not sure of Southampton's international cut off (have a read of the thread), but for UK applicants, it was 2680, so quite a bit lower than Brsitol's.
Original post by GANFYD
International cut off seemed to be 2870 last year, so Bristol may be risky.
Not sure of Southampton's international cut off (have a read of the thread), but for UK applicants, it was 2680, so quite a bit lower than Brsitol's.

I see! ok thanks so much. Any thoughts about UCL Vs Imperial for international students?
Reply 72
I see! ok thanks so much. Any thoughts about UCL Vs Imperial for international students?

I don’t know anything about International applications, sorry

I don't know specifics but I know the Imperial has a cut off for BMAT whereas UCL doesn't so that is something to consider. They are both top unis so I would pick the one you are most likely to get into. Have a look at their website to see what they look for to see which criteria you match better.
Reply 74
Hi guys, I need some help;
I got 600 in UCAT, I meet Bristol uni Gateway to medicine requirements, am applying to access to Bristol, is it worth applying to Bristol uni for this coarse? Thanks
Reply 75
Hi guys, I need some help;

I got 600 in UCAT, I meet Bristol uni Gateway to medicine requirements, am applying to access to Bristol, is it worth applying to Bristol uni for this coarse? Thanks
Hi I was just wondering if Bristol use 100% ucat and nothing else? I got 3020 B3 and hope Bristol will be a safe option? (my GCSEs and A levels meet the minimum req).
Reply 77
Yo does anyone know if Bristol differentiates between 3 and 4 A-Levels and whether they take into account EPQ?
Reply 78
Original post by Revoli
Yo does anyone know if Bristol differentiates between 3 and 4 A-Levels and whether they take into account EPQ?

No and no
Original post by Rando3005
I don't know specifics but I know the Imperial has a cut off for BMAT whereas UCL doesn't so that is something to consider. They are both top unis so I would pick the one you are most likely to get into. Have a look at their website to see what they look for to see which criteria you match better.

thank you!

Quick Reply