The Student Room Group

Can I appeal a nightclub ban.

The other night a guy turned around to me and handed me what I thought was just tinfoil at the time. It turns out it was acid. The bouncer saw him turn around and say hold this and walk off and yet I still get banned. I know how this sounds but it’s really what happened.
You can try but its unlikely anything will come of it unless you can find someone to backup your story, Nightclubs are strict over drug as they dont want to risk losing their license but they are normally just temporary bans, but if your suspected of dealing and not just taking then its more severe
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
You can try but its unlikely anything will come of it unless you can find someone to backup your story, Nightclubs are strict over drug as they dont want to risk losing their license but they are normally just temporary bans, but if your suspected of dealing and not just taking then its more severe

I tried going back tonight and my mates backed me up but they just said I was banned.
Reply 3
Original post by Acrump
The other night a guy turned around to me and handed me what I thought was just tinfoil at the time. It turns out it was acid. The bouncer saw him turn around and say hold this and walk off and yet I still get banned. I know how this sounds but it’s really what happened.

i wouldn't believe your "explanation" either, lol
Reply 4
Original post by Acrump

Someone hands you something and you just take it with no questions asked? And when you realised it was acid did you still attempt to take it into the club because this situation could have been avoided in multiple ways
Reply 5
Original post by Ciel.
i wouldn't believe your "explanation" either, lol

I know but it’s the actual truth and one of the bouncers saw and heard it yet I still got banned
Reply 6
Original post by Ten-Ten
Someone hands you something and you just take it with no questions asked? And when you realised it was acid did you still attempt to take it into the club because this situation could have been avoided in multiple ways

I didn’t know it was acid till I was told it was by a bouncer and it was a guy who we had met earlier that night
Reply 7
Original post by Acrump
I didn’t know it was acid till I was told it was by a bouncer and it was a guy who we had met earlier that night

yeah right. why didnt you just throw it away instead of trying to walk in with it? in what world would you need 'tinfoil' from a stranger
Did you think it was a sandwich?
What else would be wrapped in tinfoil in a nightclub? I would guess that they are basically a law unto themselves anyway and you won't get anywhere appealing, your story isn't convincing at all.
(edited 2 years ago)
You were given free drugs in a club? Doubt.
Original post by Acrump
I tried going back tonight and my mates backed me up but they just said I was banned.

As someone who works in a club, people will try all ways to get around their ban or try to say it wasn't how it seemed or some-other lame excuse, often you'll just have to accept it and wait out the duration of the ban. We literally get a new list of banned people every night we open and cross check with all ticket sales for that night (we also collect their student numbers and ID photos) people will try using fake names, friends etc to get around it but it never works and often isn't worth trying you'll only make it worse for yourself and if you do get in and spotted by staff or security you just get thrown out and an even longer ban and sometimes permanently banned!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending