The Student Room Group

University of Sheffield A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harrietrose17
Hey I’m the exact same with a score of 2810!! Really keen on Sheffield too but the cut off is also making me nervous haha:/ pls let me know if you do apply!! I just don’t know if it’s too risky since we aren’t that far alive what it was last year

Same I have 2840 and I'm also worried at the idea of the cutoff rising to something like 2900. Last year the cutoff was 2740 and I had 2730 so I was one or two more correct answers away from getting in and I hope that doesn't again this time (I am 100% applying here again) :smile:
Original post by Coolkingz
Same I have 2840 and I'm also worried at the idea of the cutoff rising to something like 2900. Last year the cutoff was 2740 and I had 2730 so I was one or two more correct answers away from getting in and I hope that doesn't again this time (I am 100% applying here again) :smile:

Pls I’m the exact same haha because if it jumps up again we will be cut off. I think I will still apply though because my other three options are much safer for me so Sheffield is my only really risky one and I do really want to go:smile: let’s pray haha
Hey I’m the exact same with a score of 2810!! Really keen on Sheffield too but the cut off is also making me nervous haha:/ pls let me know if you do apply!! I just don’t know if it’s too risky since we aren’t that far alive what it was last year

yeah of course, I can let you know if I decide to. I think I will wait until the final deciles come out to decide. I also didnt realise that Sheffield use SJT as part of the interview score, and I'm worried my band 2 might let me down, but at the same time band 1's are rarer this year, so really not sure about what to do.
Original post by pepsicola11
yeah of course, I can let you know if I decide to. I think I will wait until the final deciles come out to decide. I also didnt realise that Sheffield use SJT as part of the interview score, and I'm worried my band 2 might let me down, but at the same time band 1's are rarer this year, so really not sure about what to do.

Yes haha I’m band 2 as well but interim is suggesting only 16% of applicants got a band 1 so really the vast majority were band 2 so I’m not too concerned about that😭 the thing is my school has a much earlier ucas deadline for some reason so I have around a week to decide:/
Pls I’m the exact same haha because if it jumps up again we will be cut off. I think I will still apply though because my other three options are much safer for me so Sheffield is my only really risky one and I do really want to go:smile: let’s pray haha

Yeah the main reason I'm applying is because they're the only medical school besides Kent that would take my current grades (AAB + A in EPQ)
What if you have achieved grades?
Original post by Abuzu123
What if you have achieved grades?

Sheffield rank applicants using their UCAT score and interview from highest to the point when their quota of interview places are filled. The cut off for 2020/2021 cycle was a UCAT of 2740.
I don’t believe it makes a difference on interview selection if you have achieved grades or not.
Reply 27
Hi, I'm a gap year student- is it worth applying with:

GCSES: 99 88 7777 66
A Level: AAA
UCAT: 2810 B2

I guess the only thing I'm worried about is my GCSEs? Only as it didn't meet the cut for two of my unis last year.
thanks in advance <3
Reply 28
Original post by Z317
Hi, I'm a gap year student- is it worth applying with:

GCSES: 99 88 7777 66
A Level: AAA
UCAT: 2810 B2

I guess the only thing I'm worried about is my GCSEs? Only as it didn't meet the cut for two of my unis last year.
thanks in advance <3

Are you posting this in every med school thread? Have a read of a med school's website, as that will tell you what GCSEs are needed
Reply 29
Original post by GANFYD
Are you posting this in every med school thread? Have a read of a med school's website, as that will tell you what GCSEs are needed

Hi, just to the four I was considering applying to. Thank you I'll have a look- I was more wondering if there were any point systems that they used, but have my answers now.
Reply 30
Original post by Z317
Hi, just to the four I was considering applying to. Thank you I'll have a look- I was more wondering if there were any point systems that they used, but have my answers now.

And it is sensible to check that, but only for places that are not clear on their website!
Reply 31
I'm a grad applicant thinking of changing my KCL application with Sheffield as a recent for for kings revealed they give points based on number of a* gcses applicants achieve and award 0 points if you haven't achieved any. I did not achieve any A* for GCES...

I got 2800 and band 1 in the UCAT, 2:1 in pharmacy and BBB in bio, she, economics a levels. C in AS- Maths
Guys do u think 2630 band1 is too low to apply? I applied last year with 2690 and got rejected so I’m just trying to apply strategically but I do want to go to Sheffield so idk what to do
Original post by aaaaa12345
Guys do u think 2630 band1 is too low to apply? I applied last year with 2690 and got rejected so I’m just trying to apply strategically but I do want to go to Sheffield so idk what to do

I'm no expert haha but last year Sheffield's ucat cut off was 2740 I believe so your score would be too low unless it drops significantly:/
Yes haha I’m band 2 as well but interim is suggesting only 16% of applicants got a band 1 so really the vast majority were band 2 so I’m not too concerned about that😭 the thing is my school has a much earlier ucas deadline for some reason so I have around a week to decide:/

They are doing panel interviews again this year - SJ was one of the stations in the past. Wonder if this means SJ band will not be used this year...........
okay thanks anyways :smile:
When do Sheffield start interviewing?
Original post by GuessName
When do Sheffield start interviewing?

Last year they informed applicants on the 16th November whether they got an interview or not, and I think started interviewing around early weeks of December.
Hi, is there a thread for the GEM A101 course at Sheffield uni for 2022 entry? Can't seem to find it
Reply 39
I got UCAT 2690 and STJ band 1....i read this on the website and thought i was good to apply "In addition to the academic requirements, all applicants must have achieved a score of 2430/3600 or more to be given further consideration" - but now reading on here my score would not be sufficient...is that correct? Damn i thought id just found my 3rd or 4th place!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending