The Student Room Group

How long does it take to get registered by NMC?

Hi there,

So I have successfully complete my BSC midwifery degree with first class honours 🎉, and have just received an e mail from my university about good health and character.

My question is how long after receiving this e mail from the Uni will it take for them to notify the NMC? Also do they have to send the NMC all three MPADS?

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
upto 6 weeks. well it was last year a student had to wait ages. congrats on passing your course.
Reply 2
Original post by Samira1868
Hi there,

So I have successfully complete my BSC midwifery degree with first class honours 🎉, and have just received an e mail from my university about good health and character.

My question is how long after receiving this e mail from the Uni will it take for them to notify the NMC? Also do they have to send the NMC all three MPADS?

Thanks in advance

The uni didn't need to send any of my student nursing documentation to the NMC, probably won't need yours as the course is already accredited.
They should notify the NMC pretty soon after you've sent the forms back, with whatever forms they have to fill in and tell them what date you qualify. My uni sent everything off a couple of weeks before my qualifying date (as everything was in order) and I received my pin the day after I qualified. (You may be able to work out your course finish date - usually exactly 3 years since you started the course - however this may be skewed by the pandemic and also may be different as midwifery proficiencies are different to nursing).
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Emily_B
The uni didn't need to send any of my student nursing documentation to the NMC, probably won't need yours as the course is already accredited.
They should notify the NMC pretty soon after you've sent the forms back, with whatever forms they have to fill in and tell them what date you qualify. My uni sent everything off a couple of weeks before my qualifying date (as everything was in order) and I received my pin the day after I qualified. (You may be able to work out your course finish date - usually exactly 3 years since you started the course - however this may be skewed by the pandemic and also may be different as midwifery proficiencies are different to nursing).

Similar to yourself with things with NMC.
Only thing was another DBS but otherwise pin was dealt with in matter of weeks after qualifying once NMC sorted out everything they ask for as you'll know yourself Emily.
If I mind right they ask for the other DBS because of working with both adults and new born babies but everywhere is different on what they ask for from you..
Reply 4
Thanks everyone for your answers. Happy to say that I received my PIN today, so I’m officially a midwife 🙌🏾🎉
Original post by Samira1868
Thanks everyone for your answers. Happy to say that I received my PIN today, so I’m officially a midwife 🙌🏾🎉

Well done xx

Now the real fun begins for you as a newly qualified midwife but hopefully you'll enjoy the job once started.
Reply 6
congrats

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending