The Student Room Group

King's College London A101 EMDP 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by YoungEmrys
We hadn't covered enough content at school so I wouldn't be able to manage all of that along with the UCAT etc, I'm doing them in Summer instead!

Is it alright if I private message you? I'm so stuck on what to do :frown:
Original post by Mxf.e
Is it alright if I private message you? I'm so stuck on what to do :frown:

yeah, sure :smile:
(Original post by yasmine57)my ucat is quite low so I don't meet the cut off for many of the unis. Do you know any which don't really take the ucat in consideration pre interview?

Original post by yasmine57
my ucat is quite low so I don't meet the cut off for many of the unis. Do you know any which don't really take the ucat in consideration pre interview?

Even then, you should sit the BMAT- I reckon you’d have a solid shot at BMAT unis I.e. UCL if you got those grades on the first go. Plus I think Cardiff and Plymouth DONT give UCAT much consideration but check out themedicportal for extra info
Just checking on here if Welsh students can apply for EMDP since I know the website said, “Our Extended Medical Degree course MBBS (EMDP) is specifically designed for students who are studying A-levels or Access to Medicine at a non- selective state school or who are participants of Realising Opportunities across England.” Just phoned enquiries to check if I could and they said I should be fine applying! Wanted to post on here cause I know there’s KCL staff on these forums and I want to check I’m not being paranoid hahaha. (side note: I fit the rest of the criteria too)
Reply 44
yeah, sure :smile:

Thanks! I’ve private messaged you now :smile:
Reply 45
Hi all.
Had to take gap year so will be applying at age 20. My stats are below:
A-Levels: ABB
GCSE: 887776AABD
UCAT: 2840 b3
How realistic do you think my chances of getting in are? Ive already got my grades but just seems like ive been going through the application process forever so needing some realistic advice. I meet the basic eligibility criteria but none of the special consideration criteria.
Thanks in advance
(edited 2 years ago)
Does anyone know how the EMDP programme looks at the UCAT?

I’m a mature student completing an access course and I sadly did not so well in my ucat today. I got 2440 band 2.

I want to apply to kings but think this will be way too low especially for an access student… will the EMDP programme give me a better chance? :frown:
Reply 47
Hi,
I'm thinking of applying to EMDP, as I have the predicted grades of A*AB - UCAT 2550 Band 2 and I meet some widening participation criteria.
I have GCSEs A*9888877666
Do you think my UCAT would disadvantage me, is the EMDP programme less strict on UCAT?
Thanks
Reply 48
Original post by yaspsa
Hi,
I'm thinking of applying to EMDP, as I have the predicted grades of A*AB - UCAT 2550 Band 2 and I meet some widening participation criteria.
I have GCSEs A*9888877666
Do you think my UCAT would disadvantage me, is the EMDP programme less strict on UCAT?
Thanks

I got an interview last year with 2520 band 1 so no but I think they look at SJT and personal statement a bit more
Reply 49
Original post by Mxf.e
I got an interview last year with 2520 band 1 so no but I think they look at SJT and personal statement a bit more

Ok thank you!!
Original post by Mxf.e

What were your A Level and GCSE Grades? And what widening participation criteria did you meet
Reply 51
Original post by Kmaimoonak
What were your A Level and GCSE Grades? And what widening participation criteria did you meet

Predicted: AAB
GCSEs: 8888777766 (the two 6s are in maths and English language)
WP: FSM, polar 4 quintile 1, Sutton trust but idk if they take that into consideration, UCAT bursary.
Have a look at last years thread around January-February time to see that stats of other people who got interviews. I’m reapplying to medicine for 2022 entry because I didn’t get in but King’s won’t be one of my options.
Original post by Mxf.e
Predicted: AAB
GCSEs: 8888777766 (the two 6s are in maths and English language)
WP: FSM, polar 4 quintile 1, Sutton trust but idk if they take that into consideration, UCAT bursary.
Have a look at last years thread around January-February time to see that stats of other people who got interviews. I’m reapplying to medicine for 2022 entry because I didn’t get in but King’s won’t be one of my options.

R u applying to emdp?
Reply 53
Original post by SmartStupidKid
R u applying to emdp?

Considering but most likely not. I applied last year and got an interview but no offer.
Did my UCAT on Friday so here are my Stats.

UCAT: 2630 B1
GCSEs:99988876A*A(BC) in Persian & Urdu
A-Level predicted: Hopefully A*AA
Original post by Manyar
Hi all.
Had to take gap year so will be applying at age 20. My stats are below:
A-Levels: ABB
GCSE: 887776AABD
UCAT: 2840 b3
How realistic do you think my chances of getting in are? Ive already got my grades but just seems like ive been going through the application process forever so needing some realistic advice. I meet the basic eligibility criteria but none of the special consideration criteria.
Thanks in advance

I think you have a great chance of getting an interview- your UCAT is amazing and so are your other stats :smile:
Original post by Rosiemaexx
Does anyone know how the EMDP programme looks at the UCAT?

I’m a mature student completing an access course and I sadly did not so well in my ucat today. I got 2440 band 2.

I want to apply to kings but think this will be way too low especially for an access student… will the EMDP programme give me a better chance? :frown:

The EMDP will definitely give you a better chance than the standard course- they're looking for an average score of 600 and above so you're good! People have gotten interviews with much less.
Reply 57
Hey guys, I just found out about King's EMDP and was thinking about applying.
I'm from a non-selective state school and am applying in my gap year.
I also have a question about eligibility requirements.
Is this the only requirements you need to meet in order to be eligible to apply? (see attachment below)
I would greatly appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by m0ntyzz
Hey guys, I just found out about King's EMDP and was thinking about applying.
I'm from a non-selective state school and am applying in my gap year.
I also have a question about eligibility requirements.
Is this the only requirements you need to meet in order to be eligible to apply? (see attachment below)
I would greatly appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance!!

Hey. These are the only *non-academic* eligibility criteria you need to fulfil. The rest is just GCSE grade 6 or above in Maths & English Lang, UCAT and A-Level requirements which I'm sure you already know about.
Reply 59
Hey. These are the only *non-academic* eligibility criteria you need to fulfil. The rest is just GCSE grade 6 or above in Maths & English Lang, UCAT and A-Level requirements which I'm sure you already know about.

Ahhh i see, thanks.
I'm just wondering whether id have a good chance of getting in here because I thought you would also have to go to a school that's part of the Polar4 quintile 1/2 (which my school isn't).
Does anyone know if anyone has gotten an interview/an offer for the EMDP program without having the extra special consideration criteria?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending