The Student Room Group

Anglia Ruskin University A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by PastelColours
this is literally the silliest question ever but ive always wondered where in the world do you guys do your food shopping because it always looks like accommodation is so far from a town so does ARU have a town centre nearby for leisure and shopping etc which is accessible without driving?

Nooo, everything is so close to campus. I’ve literally not got the bus once since I got here. It’s like a 15 minute walk into town and I do my grocery shop from the Tesco’s there. Loads of shops and a decent amount of restaurants in town as well as an odeon, a few pubs/bars and a couple of clubs. There’s a convenience store on campus (prices aren’t even that bad tbh), and a co-op about a 3 minute walk away from campus. Everything is honestly so close by. Also a papa johns, subway and Chinese takeout literally 30 seconds away from where I live on campus which is convenient haha :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
I found this FOI request from last year's thread if anyone wants.
Original post by RA:)
Nooo, everything is so close to campus. I’ve literally not got the bus once since I got here. It’s like a 15 minute walk into town and I do my grocery shop from the Tesco’s there. Loads of shops and a decent amount of restaurants in town as well as an odeon, a few pubs/bars and a couple of clubs. There’s a convenience store on campus (prices aren’t even that bad tbh), and a co-op about a 3 minute walk away from campus. Everything is honestly so close by. Also a papa johns, subway and Chinese takeout literally 30 seconds away from where I live on campus which is convenient haha :smile:

Ah ok, not too bad lol. Is it true you have to pay to use washing machines? 😭
Reply 63
Ah ok, not too bad lol. Is it true you have to pay to use washing machines? 😭

Yeah you do, there’s two laundrettes on campus. Ones like embedded between peoples flats and the other is where the takeout places are on campus (this one is triple the price of the other one so we avoid it haha)
Hi,
Does anyone know how many people were accepted with band 3 sjt last year? I'm just wondering if it's safe for me to apply to ARU with band 3. Like looking at last year's thread, I think someone said that they look at sjt in borderline cases. I have a UCAT score of 2670 and achieved A-levels of A*AA and A* in EPQ.
Thank you!
Reply 65
It doesn't :smile:
UEA uses UCAT post interview :smile: 50% interview score + SJT then 50% cognitive score
Are you able to intercalate during your degree at ARU?
Reply 68
Original post by yasmine57
Are you able to intercalate during your degree at ARU?

Yes, after 3rd year. Although they seem to have strict requirements about it. For example, you have to pass all your end of year formatives first time round and be in like the top something percent of the year to be able to take the year out :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi just found this FOI if anyone wants to take a look.
Yes, after 3rd year. Although they seem to have strict requirements about it. For example, you have to pass all your end of year formatives first time round and be in like the top something percent of the year to be able to take the year out :smile:

do you think intercalation is 'useful' anymore as it doesnt count to your sjt score anymore?
Reply 71
do you think intercalation is 'useful' anymore as it doesnt count to your sjt score anymore?

Pretty sure it never counted towards your sjt score anyway as that’s a completely different exam? I thought it just gave you extra points for foundation year allocation… either way I think it depends on everyone’s preference. You might be interested in furthering your knowledge in a certain area that isn’t covered during the degree or you might just enjoy research and all that jazz :smile:
Original post by KA_P
Do you think I would be safe applying to ARU with 2670 band 3? Achieved grades A* Biology AA in Chemistry and Maths and A* in EPQ. Would the Band 3 put me at a disadvantage post interview if I were to get an interview?

Hey I’ve got the same grades and ucat as you and I’m considering applying to ARU too! I saw that ARU reject those with band 4 but they accept bands 1-3. What other unis are you planning on applying to?
Hi I am reapply and I got 2550 band 2 in my ucat would it be safe for me to apply for ARU. I have achieved A*AA.
Does ARU care if you get Band 3?
Reply 75
Original post by anon123456789!
Does ARU care if you get Band 3?

No
Pretty sure it never counted towards your sjt score anyway as that’s a completely different exam? I thought it just gave you extra points for foundation year allocation… either way I think it depends on everyone’s preference. You might be interested in furthering your knowledge in a certain area that isn’t covered during the degree or you might just enjoy research and all that jazz :smile:

oh I thought you had to take a test called the sjt which contributes towards foundation year allocation? maybe its called something else my mistake lol
Reply 77
oh I thought you had to take a test called the sjt which contributes towards foundation year allocation? maybe its called something else my mistake lol

Yeah you do take an SJT exam but intercalation doesn’t have anything to do with it?😂
Yeah you do take an SJT exam but intercalation doesn’t have anything to do with it?😂

ignore me, Im clearly tired and need sleep lolll
Hi all, would a UCAT score of 2490 and a Band 3 be ok to apply to ARU or would it be too risky?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending