The Student Room Group

I think I’ve found my soulmate

We were nextdoor neighbours, born a week apart. According to our parents, when we were toddlers we used to hang out together and were basically friends. Our parents even chopped down part of the fence so we could come into eachothers gardens whenever we liked. However, after a few years they moved house. We grew apart, and never saw eachother since we were always put in different classes in primary school. However, when I met her again in secondary school, we were instantly attached. It’s been 3 years since then, and we’ve never stopped talking to eachother. Have I met my soulmate?

edit: i forgot to add she was basically a miracle baby. her mother previously had a couple miscarriages, so the chances of her surviving would’ve been slim.

edit 2: her father and mine went to the same school and were really good friends even before her family moved next door. our families were really close and had history together before we were even born. we even bonded over the same trauma, which happened at the exact same age. it’s not just a bunch of coincidences lol. the list literally goes on and on, the birthday thing and the nextdoor thing arent the only reasons.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

not really u just live close and have same b days?
Original post by siimreeno2
We were nextdoor neighbours, born a week apart. According to our parents, when we were toddlers we used to play in eachothers gardens and were basically friends. Our parents even chopped down part of the fence so we could come into eachothers gardens whenever we liked. However, after a few years they moved house. We grew apart, and never saw eachother since we were always put in different classes in primary school. However, when I met her again in secondary school, we were instantly attached. It’s been 3 years since then, and we’ve never stopped talking to eachother. Have I met my soulmate?

Soulmate definition: a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner. In this case, yes.
Reply 3
Original post by selinaksss
not really u just live close and have same b days?

the chances of that is very slim, so it doesn’t sound like just a coincidence
(edited 2 years ago)
the chance of that is very slim, so it doesn’t sound like just a coincidence

There is no coincidence. You are good friends with someone who lives near you, of a similar age and have been friends since childhood. I wouldn't expect much otherwise.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by sufys12
There is no coincidence. You are good friends with someone who lives near you, of a similar age and have been friends since childhood. I wouldn't expect much otherwise.

that’s true, i feel like there’s some sort of purpose for it all too but i can’t quite put my finger on it
that’s true, i feel like there’s some sort of purpose for it all too but i can’t quite put my finger on it

No. It's not 'some sort of purpose.' You're simply good friends. It doesn't make sense to believe there is a purpose for this. Based on the definition you could become soulmates with many, many people if only you knew them.
(edited 2 years ago)
Nope
Reply 8
Original post by sufys12
No. It's not 'some sort of purpose.' You're simply good friends. It doesn't make sense to believe there is a purpose for this. Based on the definition you could become soulmates with many, many people if only you knew them.

read my edit
read my edit

what edit?
Reply 10
Original post by sufys12

maybe i’m confusing soulmates for the term ‘twin-flame’?
Reply 11
Original post by sufys12
what edit?

i edited my post, basically saying that due to her mother’s history with her miscarriages, she was expected to die too but didn’t
i edited my post, basically saying that due to her mother’s history with her miscarriages, she was expected to die too but didn’t

Meaning nothing. Has no effect on what I said whatsoever.
(edited 2 years ago)
maybe i’m confusing soulmates for the term ‘twin-flame’?

twin flame sounds like bs based on what i've looked up about it.
Reply 14
Original post by sufys12
Meaning nothing. Has no effect on what I said whatsoever.

means there was a purpose, and it’s fate that’s she’s still alive. fate that we we born next door to eachother. fate that we were born only days apart. how can you tell me there’s no purpose for all that?
means there was a purpose, and it’s fate that’s she’s still alive. fate that we we born next door to eachother. fate that we were born only days apart. how can you tell me there’s no purpose for all that?

11 or 2 miscarriages doesn't mean it's a miracle someone's alive. 2nd 2 are pure bs.
You're reading too far into this - It's just random chance.
For every thousand 'normal' seeming things, something which seems a bit against the odds occurs.
Always trust your gut instinct. :smile:
She could be your soulmate or twin flame.
Good luck!
Reply 18
We were nextdoor neighbours, born a week apart. According to our parents, when we were toddlers we used to hang out together and were basically friends. Our parents even chopped down part of the fence so we could come into eachothers gardens whenever we liked. However, after a few years they moved house. We grew apart, and never saw eachother since we were always put in different classes in primary school. However, when I met her again in secondary school, we were instantly attached. It’s been 3 years since then, and we’ve never stopped talking to eachother. Have I met my soulmate?

edit: i forgot to add she was basically a miracle baby. her mother previously had a couple miscarriages, so the chances of her surviving would’ve been slim.

this is SO CUTE !! i wholeheartedly believe in soulmates (both platonic and romantic) and it definitely sounds like this could be the case,, so glad you found each other again <3

edit: reading the replies has put me in a bad mood,, everyone is so mean and cynical ew :frown:
(edited 2 years ago)
There is zero point asking anybody else about this.

Nobody knows the situation, only YOU do.

If you feel you have something special, and you think she is your soulmate then trust that feeling.

Quick Reply

Latest