The Student Room Group

dating

dating couples
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
From what I've seen, very. Why do you want to know?

What do you mean by you prefer groups; question makes no sense?
If you want data you are better off searching for it online, ONS might have something.
(edited 2 years ago)
All interracial relationships are beautiful and equal. The most common are:

BMWF - Black Male and White female
WMAF - White male and East Asian female
AMXF - East Asian male and any race female
WMXF- White male and any race female
Black male + white female
Muslim Asian (Pakistani / Bangladeshi) male + white female
These are two most common pairings I have seen .

I also have seen a surprising number of east Asian + white females
From personal experience- im chinese and have definitely had more guys ask me out in the short time i was living in London compared to my whole life living at home which is outside of London, regardless of the guys race
Original post by Anonymous
Black male + white female
Muslim Asian (Pakistani / Bangladeshi) male + white female
These are two most common pairings I have seen .

I also have seen a surprising number of east Asian + white females

Have you seen Pakistani or Bangladeshi with White male?

I have seen many diaspora communities who enter interracial relationships, Indian/pakistani female with a white male mostly. Not seen it as much with more traditional families who remain involved. British-indians for example who have traditional families prefer to marry fellow british-indians. Arab communities similar thing.
But that might be because their family would give such a hard time by disapproving, not because it is naturally uncommon. I would date from any other background but have to think twice because so many consequences are involved. Thus i don't think the number of interracial marriages reflect the reality of interracial potential relationships, let alone those which have to be kept secret
I have seen many diaspora communities who enter interracial relationships, Indian/pakistani female with a white male mostly. Not seen it as much with more traditional families who remain involved. British-indians for example who have traditional families prefer to marry fellow british-indians. Arab communities similar thing.

I have seen a lot of Asian Brown females with White males in the uk
I have seen a lot of Asian Brown females with White males in the uk

Like OP the term Asian means little to me, it's the most diverse continent in the world with an umbrella term
But that might be because their family would give such a hard time by disapproving, not because it is naturally uncommon. I would date from any other background but have to think twice because so many consequences are involved. Thus i don't think the number of interracial marriages reflect the reality of interracial potential relationships, let alone those which have to be kept secret

I understand. Are you interested in Asian, Black men or White?
I understand. Are you interested in Asian, Black men or White?

I'm not sure about my preferences these days.

I used to live in Birmingham and honestly I have ever seen that combination in my life ngl How ever I have seen the other way round plenty of times across the UK tho , I have how ever seen indian females with english guys tho but only like 5 times .
From personal experience- im chinese and have definitely had more guys ask me out in the short time i was living in London compared to my whole life living at home which is outside of London, regardless of the guys race

Yh east asian female + white guy is very common .
Outside of London there probably is less inter-racial dating simply because in most areas the proportion of non-white people is smaller.
Reply 16
When I lived in Birmingham and the surrounding areas, it seemed awfully common. I suppose it's only limited to the diversity of the area.
Original post by heidi03
When I lived in Birmingham and the surrounding areas, it seemed awfully common. I suppose it's only limited to the diversity of the area.

Really? what were the IR pairings
Reply 18
Original post by loldiefnein
Really? what were the IR pairings

From what I remember, there wasn't many white people where I lived, but the white people that did live there were not always in a white-white relationship. There was a lot of people from Pakistan and Somalia, however really anyone dated anyone as race didn't really matter, but I only lived there till I was about 13.
Original post by heidi03
From what I remember, there wasn't many white people where I lived, but the white people that did live there were not always in a white-white relationship. There was a lot of people from Pakistan and Somalia, however really anyone dated anyone as race didn't really matter, but I only lived there till I was about 13.

Oh thx and the pakistanis dated the whites ? ngl if they did thats surprising considering how rare it is imo .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending