The Student Room Group

heard people in the next room having loud sex because of the thin walls

Last night around 2am two people in the next room in halls were having loud sex and I could hear everything including when the guy was talking dirty, I mean I am not one for minding a bit of dirty talk but this was extreme, also made me feel embarassed as the night before that people heard me having sex with a guy. Has anyone else got the problem of thin walls at uni accommodation
thats what you get from the uni i guess
Original post by Anonymous
Last night around 2am two people in the next room in halls were having loud sex and I could hear everything including when the guy was talking dirty, I mean I am not one for minding a bit of dirty talk but this was extreme, also made me feel embarassed as the night before that people heard me having sex with a guy. Has anyone else got the problem of thin walls at uni accommodation

can i give a suggestion?
Get some ear plugs, it’s happens at halls.
Original post by LittleBear04

Or noise cancelling headphones.
Moan louder to assert dominance.
Original post by Anonymous

Lol at concluding that "thin walls" are the problem. How about addressing the problem of thin self-control. Do that for yourself, then if next door are still noisy, go round and ask them to play their TV/stereo more quietly. That oblique approach will make them think about their noise levels in general and therefore should also cover 'this' problem without you having to raise an embarrassing subject.

PS how do you know that people heard you?
Original post by frostwolf51
can i give a suggestion?

Go on, I can't guess
Original post by LittleBear04

Hmm, shouldn't have suggested getting plugs
record the performance so you can use it as evidence for mitigation of poor grades :yep:
It's normal - not only in halls but might occur anytime you stay in a hotel, a flat, attached housing, etc. Heck many of us have also heard our parents going at it.

Put in some earphones if you don't want to hear it.
(edited 2 years ago)
Meh, Happens everywhere, and if you're staying in a Student Jail noise proofing/insulation is a v rare luxury.
Reply 10
Drown it out with black metal

Paint an upturned cross upon your door

In blood.
(edited 2 years ago)
honestly last night was the worst yet, sounded like half the corridor was at it
Yes omg. Had a bit of private time with a very attractive Jamaican man who was very voal and all my flatmates spoke in patois for days after!!
Original post by Sophie_kiss
Yes omg. Had a bit of private time with a very attractive Jamaican man who was very voal and all my flatmates spoke in patois for days after!!

wtf
when I was little i was getting water and heard my mom scream. poor me ran to the door and opened it. I was scared for life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending