The Student Room Group

Civil Service fast stream 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ray300193
Already???

That's much earlier than last year I think!

Congrats on the interview :smile:

Thanks. To be honest I applied in 2019 and got to the FSB for Project Delivery so I have an idea of what to expect this time.
Original post by Hadrian98
Thanks for your reply; that's frustrating. I guess I've nothing left to do now but wait and hope for the best. GLA.

No worries. Yhh very annoying but hopefully you’ll be okay.
I’m going to finish my tests tomorrow.
Original post by Bandyb123
For the case studies? You can’t really, all the info you need is in the materials given for them. Just make sure you pay close attention to the info you are given, it isn’t timed so that takes a lot of pressure off.

Very, very good advice.
I completed the case study and learning assessment last night, scored above average in both but haven't unlocked the interview so assuming I have been amber banded :frown: fingers crossed.
Reply 64
Do people get a different number of questionnaires based on the schemes they chose?
I seen someone earlier say they only had 2 before the case study, while someone else had 6? I had 4 on mine
Original post by ray300193
I completed the case study and learning assessment last night, scored above average in both but haven't unlocked the interview so assuming I have been amber banded :frown: fingers crossed.

That's interesting. Mind me asking what you got in the four previous assessments? If it was strong alignment and above average its unusual you haven't been put straight through. Maybe it was the lower end of above average?
Original post by 78Tera
Do people get a different number of questionnaires based on the schemes they chose?
I seen someone earlier say they only had 2 before the case study, while someone else had 6? I had 4 on mine

There are 4 initial tests before the case study. If you apply under the disability scheme, you have the option of skipping the 2 situational tests so they might only do 2.
Ugh, I got average for the SJTs but above average for the Work Style ones. Didn't get below average on any but now I think I'm gonna get filtered out. Shouldn't have taken them so sleep deprived but it was stressing me out that I hadn't done them yet!

Edit: actually just got an email saying I passed! Surprised it was so quick as I was really clueless about the SJTs.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by soupdragon15
Ugh, I got average for the SJTs but above average for the Work Style ones. Didn't get below average on any but now I think I'm gonna get filtered out. Shouldn't have taken them so sleep deprived but it was stressing me out that I hadn't done them yet!

Edit: actually just got an email saying I passed! Surprised it was so quick as I was really clueless about the SJTs.

Well done! I scored about the same as you so was really nervous when you said you already got the email saying you've passed. Luckily I just got mine too - now time to stress about the work based scenarios exercises. Last year it felt like ages until they got back with the results.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Alex.s10
Well done! I scored about the same as you so was really nervous when you said you already got the email saying you've passed. Luckily I just got mine too - now time to stress about the work based scenarios exercises. Last year it felt like ages until they got back with the results.

Congrats! Which ones did you apply for?

I hate how many stages CS job applications have. Each time you have a bit of success it just raises the stakes for the next round of stress......
Original post by soupdragon15
Congrats! Which ones did you apply for?

I hate how many stages CS job applications have. Each time you have a bit of success it just raises the stakes for the next round of stress......

I applied for Generalist, Project Delivery, Human Resources and Commercial. What about you?

Exactly! There is so much pressure, especially when the feedback tends to be so vague and there is so much competition.
How long did it take people to find out if you'd got through to the case study? got strong in two sections and average in two others so nervous I'm not going to get through. Finished everything on Thursday and cant stop checking my emails for news.
Original post by Hadrian98
That's interesting. Mind me asking what you got in the four previous assessments? If it was strong alignment and above average its unusual you haven't been put straight through. Maybe it was the lower end of above average?

Yes of course, strong alignment and above average.

I am hoping it is just a technical issue as after attending the FSAC last year I feel really confident that I know what is expected of me this time.
I can’t say for sure but perhaps it has to do with the schemes picked also? If you have chosen Diplo or HOP where there are only a few spots available it may slow things down.
Thought this info might be helpful for those wondering what some of the successful scores are so far; I am graduate with a 2:1 but I also work at the CS so I'm eligable to apply for these schemes without a degree.

My preferences - 1st) Generalist, 2nd) HR, 3rd) Digital Data & Tech, 4th) Project Delivery

My scores -
Work Style Questionnaire Part 1 = Above average (strong alignment)
Situational Judgement Questionnaire - Interpersonal Skills = Above average
Situational Judgement Questionnaire - Thinking Skills = Average range
Work Style Questionnaire Part 2 = Above average

My workbase scenarios unlocked immediately. I found the SJQ Thinking Skills test to be quite difficult, maybe I was just tired but it definitely hurt my brain and I took a nap in between finishing it
Reply 75
Original post by blauteufel
There are 4 initial tests before the case study. If you apply under the disability scheme, you have the option of skipping the 2 situational tests so they might only do 2.

Ahh thank you!! That makes sense
If I don't pass the initial tests, is that just it I won't be added to any reserve list or anything? Recently completed the initial tests for the Paralegal role but I didn't pass at all so I'm guessing it's very similar format questions wise..
Original post by bbfitzroy
Thought this info might be helpful for those wondering what some of the successful scores are so far; I am graduate with a 2:1 but I also work at the CS so I'm eligable to apply for these schemes without a degree.

My preferences - 1st) Generalist, 2nd) HR, 3rd) Digital Data & Tech, 4th) Project Delivery

My scores -
Work Style Questionnaire Part 1 = Above average (strong alignment)
Situational Judgement Questionnaire - Interpersonal Skills = Above average
Situational Judgement Questionnaire - Thinking Skills = Average range
Work Style Questionnaire Part 2 = Above average

My workbase scenarios unlocked immediately. I found the SJQ Thinking Skills test to be quite difficult, maybe I was just tired but it definitely hurt my brain and I took a nap in between finishing it

I definitely agree with you on the SJQ thinking tests. I’ve just finished it and my results were average but I found it quite hard too.
My scores for the tests:

WSQ1: a lot of alignment
SJQ Interpersonal: above average
SJQ Thinking: average
WSQ2: above average

Hopefully the average score doesn’t bring me down too much. The WSQ1 test didn’t say specifically above average but it said my score matched the requirements more than the majority of other applicants so I guess that’s good.
Original post by Alex.s10
I applied for Generalist, Project Delivery, Human Resources and Commercial. What about you?

Exactly! There is so much pressure, especially when the feedback tends to be so vague and there is so much competition.

Statistics, Social Research, Operational Research, and Houses of Parliament (I want an analytical role but but there weren't any others I was interested in so I just threw HoP in as my last choice, not actually expecting to get it)

Quick Reply