The Student Room Group

SJT Band 3

Hi everyone! I am currently in year 13 and I recently did the UCAT. I got 2920 but I got band 3. My a level predictions are 4 A*s and I got 9999999988 at GCSE. I’m planning to apply to 2 UCAT and 2 BMAT unis but I am unsure which UCAT unis I should consider due to my sjt band. So far in mind I have university of Glasgow and for bmat I have thought of Oxford and UCL. Thank you!
Newcastle is a good choice with your UCAT score.
Original post by hungrysalamander
Newcastle is a good choice with your UCAT score.

Thank you!
Do you think I would have a chance at applying to kings, Birmingham or Dundee?
Original post by Strawberry33
Do you think I would have a chance at applying to kings, Birmingham or Dundee?

You would probably be ok. KCL is holistic and your stats are great apart from the band 3 in SJT. They do give a higher weighing to people with band 1/2 but your stats can compensate for that. Birmingham uses the SJT for your interview score so you will have to perform well in your interviews. I'm not sure about Dundee but their RUK places are limited.
You would probably be ok. KCL is holistic and your stats are great apart from the band 3 in SJT. They do give a higher weighing to people with band 1/2 but your stats can compensate for that. Birmingham uses the SJT for your interview score so you will have to perform well in your interviews. I'm not sure about Dundee but their RUK places are limited.

Hi I was researching and I was wondering if Queen Mary’s Barts is a good option because they don’t specify their sjt requirements
Hi I was researching and I was wondering if Queen Mary’s Barts is a good option because they don’t specify their sjt requirements

They use the SJT as part of your interview score.
They use the SJT as part of your interview score.

Ok thank you! So I’m terms of unis I was thinking of applying to imperial, ucl, (kings/newcastle) and Glasgow. Do you think I would have a chance at these unis? And do you know what bmat would be preferable?
Ok thank you! So I’m terms of unis I was thinking of applying to imperial, ucl, (kings/newcastle) and Glasgow. Do you think I would have a chance at these unis? And do you know what bmat would be preferable?

You will probably get interviewed at the UCAT universities you mentioned. As I said, glasgow has limited RUK places so it might be riskier. Idk much about BMAT universities or BMAT scores as I didn’t take it, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest