The Student Room Group

Really struggling with mechanics

I'm doing well in pure, about 80% on a paper that I do. Stats I just need some working on but for mechanics no matter how much I try it just doesn't make sense. I understand the concepts and can do the simpler questions, but when I don't understand I go on solution banks and can't understand why they're doing something completely different. What can I do to overcome this?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
I take it you've worked through the exercises in your textbook? These are generally written to build up the key skills. If you're finding difficulties then maybe post some here (one at a time) and work through them? Describe what you understand/sketch/equations as well as what you're finding difficulties with.
Reply 2
Original post by mqb2766
I take it you've worked through the exercises in your textbook? These are generally written to build up the key skills. If you're finding difficulties then maybe post some here (one at a time) and work through them? Describe what you understand/sketch/equations as well as what you're finding difficulties with.

thanks, do you think i'll get responses if i drop some maths questions here?
Reply 3
Original post by kenrepjm
thanks, do you think i'll get responses if i drop some maths questions here?

Yes. Generally best to post a new thread for each question.
Reply 4
I wasnt too great at mechanics and i used naiker maths to improve and got 46/50 ? on my y12 maths mock. complete all the questions on there and don't leave till the morning of the exam like I did, although that may have helped me as I had just learned ladders in the morning and went and copied the method of solving that type of question in the exam lol

Quick Reply

Latest