The Student Room Group

Income assessed part-time maintenance loan

@SFE Isaac

Hello,

So I have received information regarding my part-time loan entitlement for a BSc programme this year.

It is less than I would have thought, going by the loan calculator online. I have noticed however that the breakdown includes an income assessed portion. As I haven't provided any evidence of my household income, this is a bit confusing.

Do I need to do this in order to have it calculated correctly? And should I just upload my p60 online via the portal, or do I need to complete a form?
Original post by waterbacon
@SFE Isaac

Hello,

So I have received information regarding my part-time loan entitlement for a BSc programme this year.

It is less than I would have thought, going by the loan calculator online. I have noticed however that the breakdown includes an income assessed portion. As I haven't provided any evidence of my household income, this is a bit confusing.

Do I need to do this in order to have it calculated correctly? And should I just upload my p60 online via the portal, or do I need to complete a form?

Hi,
To apply for the higher amount, you need complete the household income form ow.ly/d/8pbq and then either:

1. Provide your sponsors financial details https://www.gov.uk/guidance/supporting-your-child-or-partners-student-finance-application-in-3-easy-steps

OR

2. Meet the independent student criteria ow.ly/q5mJ30oSfa5

The forms can be uploaded online.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi,
To apply for the higher amount, you need complete the household income form ow.ly/d/8pbq and then either:

1. Provide your sponsors financial details https://www.gov.uk/guidance/supporting-your-child-or-partners-student-finance-application-in-3-easy-steps

OR

2. Meet the independent student criteria ow.ly/q5mJ30oSfa5

The forms can be uploaded online.

Thanks, Isaac

@SFE Isaac Many thanks!
@SFE Isaac Many thanks!

Sorry, I realise you said part time. Have you been awarded any Maintenance Loan?

Part time students can only receive a Maintenance Loan if the course is not distance learning.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Sorry, I realise you said part time. Have you been awarded any Maintenance Loan?

Part time students can only receive a Maintenance Loan if the course is not distance learning.

Thanks, Isaac

@SFE Isaac

Yes, part time. I have been awarded a maintenance loan as I will be attending in person and on campus this year.

I have already submitted the form and my p60, will this be an issue?
@SFE Isaac

Yes, part time. I have been awarded a maintenance loan as I will be attending in person and on campus this year.

I have already submitted the form and my p60, will this be an issue?

The part time Maintenance Loan amount depends on our study intensity.

You can view a table here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/products/part-time-undergraduate-education/part-time-maintenance-loan/whats-available/

You can apply for the higher amount if you have not done so already, I'd suggest giving us a call or messaging us on Facebook or Twitter so we can see what you have applied for an give the correct info. As I don't want to tell you to send in forms if they may not be required (since I can't view your account)

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
The part time Maintenance Loan amount depends on our study intensity.

You can view a table here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/products/part-time-undergraduate-education/part-time-maintenance-loan/whats-available/

You can apply for the higher amount if you have not done so already, I'd suggest giving us a call or messaging us on Facebook or Twitter so we can see what you have applied for an give the correct info. As I don't want to tell you to send in forms if they may not be required (since I can't view your account)

Thanks, Isaac

@SFE Isaac

It should be 50% for me, though I assume the university will confirm this on a credit basis with SFE. I am applying for the higher amount.

Is the household income form the same regardless? As I have already submitted it with my p60 I will probably just wait to see what the outcome is, once it is reviewed.
@SFE Isaac

It should be 50% for me, though I assume the university will confirm this on a credit basis with SFE. I am applying for the higher amount.

Is the household income form the same regardless? As I have already submitted it with my p60 I will probably just wait to see what the outcome is, once it is reviewed.

Yes the form is the same.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 8
Yes the form is the same.
Thanks, Isaac

@SFE Isaac

Hello Isaac,

Me again. I have yet to hear back from the submission of the form, though I assume things are being dealt with at the 6 week mark still.

When I applied I input (and was awarded funding) based on taking 60 credits this year. I have since been informed I am actually doing 80, which means the course intensity is higher. The finance calculator indicates that I should be awarded more, and I would like to be assessed for this.

I have uploaded a letter onto the portal indicating this, but is there another form I need to submit? The amount is considerably more and so I would like to claim this if possible.

Thanks!
@SFE Isaac

Hello Isaac,

Me again. I have yet to hear back from the submission of the form, though I assume things are being dealt with at the 6 week mark still.

When I applied I input (and was awarded funding) based on taking 60 credits this year. I have since been informed I am actually doing 80, which means the course intensity is higher. The finance calculator indicates that I should be awarded more, and I would like to be assessed for this.

I have uploaded a letter onto the portal indicating this, but is there another form I need to submit? The amount is considerably more and so I would like to claim this if possible.

Thanks!

Hi there, I advise you to call us or message us on Facebook/Twitter so we can review your account to see if there is anything else required.

We are not very busy now and our timescales are not so high so it's unlikely for anything to take 6 weeks at the moment. Part time is one of the busiest workflows.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 10
@SFE Isaac

Thanks Isaac, I have since called them. They could only confirm that an update will be published online next week!
@SFE Isaac

Thanks Isaac, I have since called them. They could only confirm that an update will be published online next week!

Glad to hear you received an estimated timescale.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending