The Student Room Group

MSRA exam help

Hi everyone :smile: Im sitting the msra exam as I would like to apply for GP training in London starting august 2022

is there any tips I can get?

is it a difficult exam?

What score do I need to get into London?(any previous scores published etc?)

do Passmedicine scores correlate to the real thing?

any advice much appreciated!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone :smile: Im sitting the msra exam as I would like to apply for GP training in London starting august 2022

is there any tips I can get?

is it a difficult exam?

What score do I need to get into London?(any previous scores published etc?)

do Passmedicine scores correlate to the real thing?

any advice much appreciated!

Just do lots of questions and read up on your weak areas. It's no more difficult than finals. The SJT section is like all SJTs (i.e. make of it what you will).
Reply 2
Original post by Democracy
Just do lots of questions and read up on your weak areas. It's no more difficult than finals. The SJT section is like all SJTs (i.e. make of it what you will).

Thank you so much for your response! do you know if there is any information out there for previous scores that have been accepted in London for gp training? I cant find any info out there regarding what scores etc I should be aiming for as a minimum, (and if any of the scores correlate to Passmedicine scores)
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much for your response! do you know if there is any information out there for previous scores that have been accepted in London for gp training? I cant find any info out there regarding what scores etc I should be aiming for as a minimum, (and if any of the scores correlate to Passmedicine scores)

MSRA results aren't given as a raw percentage so you may struggle to correlate it meaningfully with PassMedicine or any other question bank.

As a rule of thumb I'd imagine if you score in the top decile (i.e. enough to bypass the interview) you're likely to be doing well enough to get into one of the London training schemes. This is just my personal opinion however.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending