The Student Room Group

is a 6' guy automatically more attractive than a 5'7'' guy?

Regardless of body, face, etc? like is the height itself the main reason guys are even attractive to girls?

Scroll to see replies

No, most women just prefer to date taller than them. There are plenty of things that are way more important. All other things equal women might choose a taller man more often, although I'd personally prefer the 5'7" guy (again with all other things equal).
On average, yes. But there will be exceptions to everything.
It depends on the specific female, her attraction dealbreakers and beauty standards.
Different females have very different dealbreakers and relationship preferences.

Most females who date guys prefer him to be taller.
Some girls have no height preferences and a few prefer to date shorter guys.
On tinder, there are quite a few cliques where single heterosexual women have a minimum height dealbreaker above 6'2 and refuse to even chat with guys who don't meet this dealbreaker.
Reply 4
Original post by OctoberRain7
No, most women just prefer to date taller than them. There are plenty of things that are way more important. All other things equal women might choose a taller man more often, although I'd personally prefer the 5'7" guy (again with all other things equal).

Average height in the UK for women is slightly shorter than 5'5'' so someone who's just above 5'7'' is taller than most women but still is considered unattractive because it's not tall enough?
Reply 5
No, height isn't everything. And height itself is definitely not the main reason girls are attracted to guys, although some girls do prefer guys to be much taller than them.
Probably not automatically, but usually would be. 5,7 is kinda short for a boy. Height obvs isn't everything, but it's probably overall the most important thing about a boy's appearance. Being too short is typically an instant-dealbreaker.
It aint the size of the man's body, it's what he does with it that counts.
Original post by Anonymous
Average height in the UK for women is slightly shorter than 5'5'' so someone who's just above 5'7'' is taller than most women but still is considered unattractive because it's not tall enough?

5'7" isn't considered unattractive. As I said, it doesn't really matter to women who are shorter than that but 6' might be considered a bit more attractive in general.
I’ve only seen the height of a guy being such a big deal on TSR.
Regardless of body, face, etc? like is the height itself the main reason guys are even attractive to girls?

yes. you need to get over it. one of the things you learn growing up is that not everything in life will go your way, but we will all end up the same boat eventually (six foot under)
Height isn't everything, yes for me a 6' guy would be better but then I'm a 5'8 guy so isn't much taller, I just need someone who can reach the top shelves :tongue: but they still have to be what I'm looking for/attracted too, I for example wouldn't necessarily go for someone that 6'+ but is severely overweight as I have struggled with weight my whole life, I look for someone of a slimmer build (somewhere between a Twink and twunk) that will also help keep me on track with my weight and provide motivation to keep fit/healthy.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I’ve only seen the height of a guy being such a big deal on TSR.

I'd say it's the opposite, tbh?

People in real life know that height matters, whereas on TSR, people always seem to pretend that it doesn't.
I'd say it's the opposite, tbh?

People in real life know that height matters, whereas on TSR, people always seem to pretend that it doesn't.

The amount of height obsessed threads suggests otherwise.
In real life, I’ve never encountered a single discussion on a male’s height but maybe that’s because I don’t have any especially tall female friends, so height isn’t that much of an issue.
The amount of height obsessed threads suggests otherwise.
In real life, I’ve never encountered a single discussion on a male’s height but maybe that’s because I don’t have any especially tall female friends, so height isn’t that much of an issue.

I've heard/participated in many conversations that have mentioned a boy's height in real life. It's a pretty important factor in dating tbh.

Obviously everyone's experiences will differ, and it sounds like it isn't too important for your or your friends, which is fair enough obvs.
Original post by AF2Dr
Here's a very informal online study that looked at this:

https://singlesteve.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/too-short-infographic-4-1-768x3738.png

32% of women would be willing to date a 5ft7 man. 98% of women would be willing to date a 6ft0 man.

Now obviously it's just one informal study, so I certainly wouldn't take those percentages to be "exact" by any means! But in general terms, I think it's pretty clear that taller men will be seen as more attractive, and will have more dating options.

so 68% of women would not date someone who's 5'7''? jesus ****ing christ...
I've heard/participated in many conversations that have mentioned a boy's height in real life. It's a pretty important factor in dating tbh.

Obviously everyone's experiences will differ, and it sounds like it isn't too important for your or your friends, which is fair enough obvs.

I’m not saying it’s not important, or pretending otherwise, it just seems overly exaggerated on this site. You’ll see some people painting it out as if it’s the be all and end all if they’re 5’9, when it’s obviously not.
The important of height gets blown out of all proportion by men who struggle to find women to date.
Original post by CountBread
so 68% of women would not date someone who's 5'7''? jesus ****ing christ...

No. Even if we assume the figure is correct, what people say they'll date and who they'll actually date are not the same thing.

In reality, who we find ourselves attracted to is difficult to reduce to a shopping list of broad characteristics.
I’m not saying it’s not important, or pretending otherwise, it just seems overly exaggerated on this site. You’ll see some people painting it out as if it’s the be all and end all if they’re 5’9, when it’s obviously not.

Yeah maybe, I dunno. Being 5'9 obviously isn't the end of the world lol. I agree that someone who is 5'9 probably doesn't need to worry too much (although there are of course plenty of people who would only date a boy over 6ft). As a boy gets shorter, his dating options get fewer though. So there is a general trend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending