The Student Room Group

Getting in contact with an old teacher

Okay this may sound a bit weird but basically, I had this art teacher in primary school and he thought I was gonna be the next picasso or something and whenever I think back and remember how he’d say stuff like I have a talent and etc. I miss him and at the time I didnt realise what a good and inspiring teacher he was, and l now that im older i’ve realised what a good person he was, and I just want to thank him, my options are ;

Visiting my primary school and thanking him in person and etc at the end of year eleven

Finding his twitter and leaving him a message

But I only know his second name not first, and i’ve checked and my primary school doesn’t have a twitter account, so should I try finding his social medias or just wait till the end of this year and visit my other teachers as well as him, or just leave it bc im being weird
What year are you in?
Reply 2
Original post by Vapordave
What year are you in?

Original post by Sohello

Contact your primary school and they should be able to pass your message on to him.
Reply 4
Contact your primary school and they should be able to pass your message on to him.

My primary school doesn’t have a social media account so I can’t contact them and won’t it be weird if i ring the reception just to solely say hes the best teacher ive ever had ?
Original post by Sohello
My primary school doesn’t have a social media account so I can’t contact them and won’t it be weird if i ring the reception just to solely say hes the best teacher ive ever had ?

You can email them, or I'm sure they'll appreciate it if you call them. You're not the only former student to go back to their former primary school :smile:
Reply 6
You can email them, or I'm sure they'll appreciate it if you call them. You're not the only former student to go back to their former primary school :smile:

Omg okay thank you!
Reply 7
Email or write a letter to the school!
Reply 8
Original post by gjd800
Email or write a letter to the school!

I’ve emailed them!! Thank you!
Reply 9
Original post by Sohello
I’ve emailed them!! Thank you!

How did it go though!!!!
Reply 10
Original post by LokiL
How did it go though!!!!

They didnt reply : (
Reply 11
Original post by Sohello
They didnt reply : (

Good chance they don't even remember your name.
Hate to break it to you, but you were in primary school! That teacher has taught hundreds of children since you were at school and there’s a chance he won’t even remember you.

It’s sweet of you to reach out, but please don’t be disheartened that they didn’t reply. It’s a school and their number one priority is the children that are currently in their care.

Good luck with your future :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by aspiringunigal
Hate to break it to you, but you were in primary school! That teacher has taught hundreds of children since you were at school and there’s a chance he won’t even remember you.

It’s sweet of you to reach out, but please don’t be disheartened that they didn’t reply. It’s a school and their number one priority is the children that are currently in their care.

Original post by Sohello
Okay this may sound a bit weird but basically, I had this art teacher in primary school and he thought I was gonna be the next picasso or something and whenever I think back and remember how he’d say stuff like I have a talent and etc. I miss him and at the time I didnt realise what a good and inspiring teacher he was, and l now that im older i’ve realised what a good person he was, and I just want to thank him, my options are ;

Visiting my primary school and thanking him in person and etc at the end of year eleven

Finding his twitter and leaving him a message

But I only know his second name not first, and i’ve checked and my primary school doesn’t have a twitter account, so should I try finding his social medias or just wait till the end of this year and visit my other teachers as well as him, or just leave it bc im being weird

Hi Sochello,

This is a lovely idea. I know lots of teachers who were contacted by former students and it makes a real difference to them knowing they have helped previous students. I noticed you’ve already emailed but don’t be disheartened if you don’t get a response- I would suggest perhaps writing down what you want to say and either drop it off or deliver in person. The art teacher will be very grateful I’m sure.
Reply 14
Original post by Reue
Good chance they don't even remember your name.

Ikk

Original post by username5842250

Yeh youre right, thankyou for this xx
Reply 15
Original post by Conny19
Hi Sochello,

This is a lovely idea. I know lots of teachers who were contacted by former students and it makes a real difference to them knowing they have helped previous students. I noticed you’ve already emailed but don’t be disheartened if you don’t get a response- I would suggest perhaps writing down what you want to say and either drop it off or deliver in person. The art teacher will be very grateful I’m sure.

Yes at the end of year eleven I will💞 thankyouu x

Quick Reply

Latest