The Student Room Group

Exotic girl fetish?

Do British guys who date South Asian girls have the exotic fetish?
One of my very good friends is Indian and she's very beautiful. At university, there is an English guy who is always looking at her. We also have Indian food regularly served at our refectory and he's does enjoy Indian food as well.

My friend is not really into him and is still recovering from a heartbreak but does have a certain curiosity towards him.
However, I'm not sure if this dude actually fancies her or just has the creepy fetish of "exotic" looking woman they can sleep with. I say this because I know some British guys who specifically want Asian girls or someone with darker features as they look "exotic".

He hasn't made a move or spoken to her and to be honest, he seems quite standoffish, posh and reserved in nature.

What do you think ?

Scroll to see replies

Might do, you can't tell from this kind of distance. They can still be really interested in the culture e.g. cuisine but doesn't mean he is fetishising women from that culture although i can see why someone might think that. 'Exotic beauty' is a relative thing and is appealing to people, but not everyone would enter into a relationship solely based on that. Maybe hence why he hasn't approached her yet and just thinks she's attractive
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by xxx0xxxo
Might do, you can't tell from this kind of distance. They can still be really interested in the culture e.g. cuisine but doesn't mean he is fetishising women from that culture although i can see why someone might think that. 'Exotic beauty' is a relative thing and is appealing to people, but not everyone would enter into a relationship solely based on that. Maybe hence why he hasn't approached her yet and just thinks she's attractive

He seems like an aloof guy who is always quiet and we have never see him talk or interact with anyone. Judging by that, I don't think he will ever make a move as he maybe shy. The only thing I'm a bit worried about is how closed off he is so it's hard to read his mind. We saw him pick indian vegan curry and rice for lunch and he enjoys Indian food. Then when I saw him looking at her a few times, I felt a bit concerned considering I ve heard comments from British guys saying they want Asians as they are submissive, exotic and other awful stuff.
It is difficult to tell from the description.
He could just be casually admiring her looks, mildly curious or just in the habit of staring.

Some guys do have creepy fetishes connected to nationality/race or are just looking for a fling with any woman who conforms to their preferred look/physical type.
While others are attracted to the person and have an appreciation for a few elements of the culture.
Original post by Anonymous
He seems like an aloof guy who is always quiet and we have never see him talk or interact with anyone. Judging by that, I don't think he will ever make a move as he maybe shy. The only thing I'm a bit worried about is how closed off he is so it's hard to read his mind. We saw him pick indian vegan curry and rice for lunch and he enjoys Indian food. Then when I saw him looking at her a few times, I felt a bit concerned considering I ve heard comments from British guys saying they want Asians as they are submissive, exotic and other awful stuff.

Maybe just convince your friend not to take an interest in him then
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
He could just be casually admiring her looks, mildly curious or just in the habit of staring.

Some guys do have creepy fetishes connected to nationality/race or are just looking for a fling with any woman who conforms to their preferred look/physical type.
While others are attracted to the person and have an appreciation for a few elements of the culture.

I saw him look away once she looked away and then look back again . She caught him though. He also passed through the street and did the same twice.
Also the below is the kind we see him as
Reply 6
Maybe just convince your friend not to take an interest in him then

Do you think he's probably creepy?
Reply 7

V

Original post by londonmyst

Sorry I didn't add this description

Not really, maybe just socially anxious and a bit of a crush
Reply 9
Not really, maybe just socially anxious and a bit of a crush

And the link between cuisine and crushing on a woman from the same culture?
We notice it as my friend laughs when she sees him. So we notice what he does when he's around
Also British parents can be quite racist towards Asian and Soutg Asian girls/boys hence I'm worried

Never heard of this, are the British quite racist generally?
Original post by DiddyDec
Never heard of this, are the British quite racist generally?

A Chinese friend dated a British. His mom was awful to her , even accusing her of being with her son for visa/citizenship when she was already on a 3 year student visa. Another Indian girl dated a British and his parents were quite offensive towards India in general. And another Indian friend of mine broke up with her English boyfriend of 2 years due to his family's constant derogatory remarks at Hindu culture. She's now married to an Israeli Jew but she told me that his mother in particular used to mock the gods in Hinduism frequently and brought out stereotypes of how Indians live with year parents till their 30 or how the place is full of cows etc.
A Chinese friend dated a British. His mom was awful to her , even accusing her of being with her son for visa/citizenship when she was already on a 3 year student visa. Another Indian girl dated a British and his parents were quite offensive towards India in general. And another Indian friend of mine broke up with her English boyfriend of 2 years due to his family's constant derogatory remarks at Hindu culture. She's now married to an Israeli Jew but she told me that his mother in particular used to mock the gods in Hinduism frequently and brought out stereotypes of how Indians live with year parents till their 30 or how the place is full of cows etc.

I take it you aren't British then?

So 66 million people are probably racist based on 3 examples.
I take it you aren't British then?

So 66 million people are probably racist based on 3 examples.

I'm German and French mix. It's not three. There are more. I just can't be bothered to write more. I suppose you are British?
I'm not saying all are racist. But a lot do hold racist views. A look at the football world cup is enough
And the link between cuisine and crushing on a woman from the same culture?

Come on who doesn't like Indian food? and you said your friend is very beautiful.
I'm German and French mix. It's not three. There are more. I just can't be bothered to write more. I suppose you are British?
I'm not saying all are racist. But a lot do hold racist views. A look at the football world cup is enough

I just don't like racist generalisations.
Come on who doesn't like Indian food? and you said your friend is very beautiful.

Yes but I'm just hoping he doesn't have the fetish. The guy seems like he's loner kind hence I'm getting this idea
Why do you care

Do British guys who date South Asian girls have the exotic fetish?
One of my very good friends is Indian and she's very beautiful. At university, there is an English guy who is always looking at her. We also have Indian food regularly served at our refectory and he's does enjoy Indian food as well.

My friend is not really into him and is still recovering from a heartbreak but does have a certain curiosity towards him.
However, I'm not sure if this dude actually fancies her or just has the creepy fetish of "exotic" looking woman they can sleep with. I say this because I know some British guys who specifically want Asian girls or someone with darker features as they look "exotic". Also British parents can be quite racist towards Asian and Soutg Asian girls/boys hence I'm worried

He hasn't made a move or spoken to her and to be honest, he seems quite standoffish, posh and reserved in nature.

What do you think ?

Why don't you ask him
Because that is exactly what it is. Being British does not make someone more or less racist than any other nationality.

OK. Any opinions on the guy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending