The Student Room Group

periods hurting me

after getting sa TRIGGER WARNING I am getting painful periods how come? Hurtsss

Scroll to see replies

Period pain is common and a normal part of your menstrual cycle. Most women get it at some point in their lives. It's usually felt as painful muscle cramps in the tummy, which can spread to the back and thighs. The pain sometimes comes in intense spasms, while at other times it may be dull but more constant.

Why is my period really painful.......
The cause is usually having too many prostaglandins, which are chemicals that your uterus makes. These chemicals make the muscles of your uterus tighten and relax, and this causes the cramps. The pain can start a day or two before your period. It normally lasts for a few days, though in some women it can last longer
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
Period pain is common and a normal part of your menstrual cycle. Most women get it at some point in their lives. It's usually felt as painful muscle cramps in the tummy, which can spread to the back and thighs. The pain sometimes comes in intense spasms, while at other times it may be dull but more constant.

Why is my period really painful.......
The cause is usually having too many prostaglandins, which are chemicals that your uterus makes. These chemicals make the muscles of your uterus tighten and relax, and this causes the cramps. The pain can start a day or two before your period. It normally lasts for a few days, though in some women it can last longer

thank you.. xx you ok
Original post by Lillylil3
thank you.. xx you ok

Hi Lilly

You welcome ok xx

What I would suggest to you is make an appointment to speak to your doctor or even practice heath nurse / midwife if it continue to bother you.

I'm a NHS registered midwife ok. Xx
Reply 4
Hi Lilly

You welcome ok xx

What I would suggest to you is make an appointment to speak to your doctor or even practice heath nurse / midwife if it continue to bother you.

I'm a NHS registered midwife ok. Xx

a very kind midwife thank you xx
a very kind midwife thank you xx

That's sweet of you saying that xx
I'm a very kind midwife as I treat my patients with respect xxxx
Reply 6
That's sweet of you saying that xx
I'm a very kind midwife as I treat my patients with respect xxxx

if I had given birth with my little girl then my midwife i wanted as u xx
if I had given birth with my little girl then my midwife i wanted as u xx

Oh thank you so much for wanting me as your delivery midwife xx
Let's hope you in same part of UK as myself then .
Did your midwife treat you with kindness when you gave birth to your daughter .
Reply 8
Oh thank you so much for wanting me as your delivery midwife xx
Let's hope you in same part of UK as myself then .
Did your midwife treat you with kindness when you gave birth to your daughter .

i lost my daughter. i got sa and lost her x
(edited 2 years ago)
i lost my daughter. i got raped and lost her x

I'm so sorry to hear that news x
I hope that you are fine otherwise x
Reply 10
I'm so sorry to hear that news x
I hope that you are fine otherwise x

found this amazing community and loving the support and giving support x
found this amazing community and loving the support and giving support x

I hope that everybody treating you with respect on this community.
There's lots of brilliant people on here who'll support you ok.
You didn't deserve to go through a terrible trauma and obviously you need support from others to get you through it. X
Feel free anytime to PM okay x
Reply 12
I hope that everybody treating you with respect on this community.
There's lots of brilliant people on here who'll support you ok.
You didn't deserve to go through a terrible trauma and obviously you need support from others to get you through it. X
Feel free anytime to PM okay x

thank you tracy. so kind x
thank you tracy. so kind x

You very much welcome Lilly xx
Reply 14
You very much welcome Lilly xx

your super kind your patients are lucky to have a wonderful midwife x
your super kind your patients are lucky to have a wonderful midwife x

I only do my job I was trained to do with making sure that my patients I deal with when on shift at hospital are treated nicely which they do deserve to get as afterall I would expect same if it was myself, It's nice to talk to them through everything before baby comes out. And I love reaction of them when it happens.

Yes I have been told that by many patients that I'm wonderful and brilliant midwife. Xx
Reply 16
I only do my job I was trained to do with making sure that my patients I deal with when on shift at hospital are treated nicely which they do deserve to get as afterall I would expect same if it was myself, It's nice to talk to them through everything before baby comes out. And I love reaction of them when it happens.

Yes I have been told that by many patients that I'm wonderful and brilliant midwife. Xx

glad you got told.. your bril x
glad you got told.. your bril x

Yes it's nice when people tell me how wonderful I did for them as makes me happy to. Xx

Can I ask how was you treated by them when you were unfortunately giving birth to your child as I would expect you to be treated nicely.....
Reply 18
Yes it's nice when people tell me how wonderful I did for them as makes me happy to. Xx

Can I ask how was you treated by them when you were unfortunately giving birth to your child as I would expect you to be treated nicely.....

pretty rubbish the amount of negative attitude i got was disgusting x
(edited 2 years ago)
pretty rubbish the amount of negative attitude i got was disgusting x

Hey
That attitude shouldn't be happenening with you or whoever they dealing with like, if I did this in my ward I would have had been pulled up as can't treat anyone I'm that way.
Not nice for you to have this sort of care as it will put you of for going to that particular maternity hospital.

Quick Reply

Latest