The Student Room Group

Men, do you expect your girlfriends to be the leaders on tidying up..

Guys be honest, if a woman was very laid back about tidying up and you had to be the one to remind her (although she maintained hygiene) would it be a turn off?

Say she was more into outdoor stuff/fitness etc than forever cleaning and tidying the house..

Would you mind if you had to be the one to remind her to tidy (if she did so on request)?
Original post by Anonymous
Guys be honest, if a woman was very laid back about tidying up and you had to be the one to remind her (although she maintained hygiene) would it be a turn off?

Say she was more into outdoor stuff/fitness etc than forever cleaning and tidying the house..

Would you mind if you had to be the one to remind her to tidy (if she did so on request)?

'Maintained hygiene'?

You make her sound like an animal, not a human being. It's not 1950.

Get a grip man, for heaven's sake.

I mean this is a joke…right??
I would mind if I had to remind my partner (regardless of gender) to clean, yes.
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
'Maintained hygiene'?

What's wrong with you? You make her sound like an animal, not a human being. It's not 1950.

Get a grip man, for heaven's sake.

That’s just your hasty perception of what I meant. By maintained hygiene I simply meant maintained hygiene.

Similar to you’re hasty perception of what sex I am. You perceive me as male. I’m not.
Reply 5
Original post by GabiAbi84
I mean this is a joke…right??

To you yes
Reply 6

I think any lack of hygiene is a turn off be it personal and within the home. Again for both genders- but for some reason women being unhygienic is way worse bc girls are more gross if they are unhygienic if that makes sense? My sister used to leave used tampons on the floor in tissues…that is disgusting. I’m a female so feel I can be most honest. Of course men can be gross too but more in a ie smelly way.
Reply 7
Original post by EVMD17
I think any lack of hygiene is a turn off be it personal and within the home. Again for both genders- but for some reason women being unhygienic is way worse bc girls are more gross if they are unhygienic if that makes sense? My sister used to leave used tampons on the floor in tissues…that is disgusting. I’m a female so feel I can be most honest. Of course men can be gross too but more in a ie smelly way.

Oh yea it’s demoralising when you forget to throw your tampon away, you can’t put the *******s down the toilet these days though as it blocks it 😂

I used to wrap them throw them in the bin but the dog once digged one out and ran round the house playing with it in front of my family, no lie.

No idea how our ancestors coped think they used a leaf or something prob for the best
Original post by EVMD17

How is a woman being unhygienic any worse than a man being unhygienic? Guys tend to sweat more so if anything, the average man skipping a shower would smell more than the average woman skipping a shower.
Reply 9
Weird thread
Original post by gjd800
Weird thread

Why? I hear all around me women complaining that their husbands/boyfriends are messy and that they are tidying up after them. I don’t hear it so much the other way round when the genders are reversed, so I’m asking
Reply 11
Original post by black tea
How is a woman being unhygienic any worse than a man being unhygienic? Guys tend to sweat more so if anything, the average man skipping a shower would smell more than the average woman skipping a shower.

That is a generalisation tbh. Women can smell just as bad, trust me. Women are made out to be hygienic but they’re just the same as men; human…therefore animals. You don’t hear anyone saying a female dog is cleaner than a male dog etc. Weird example I know but I hate when people think there’s this massive divide between the genders.
Original post by EVMD17
That is a generalisation tbh. Women can smell just as bad, trust me. Women are made out to be hygienic but they’re just the same as men; human…therefore animals. You don’t hear anyone saying a female dog is cleaner than a male dog etc. Weird example I know but I hate when people think there’s this massive divide between the genders.

Yes, hence I said "average". Men sweat more than women on average. More sweat = more smell if it isn't washed away regularly.
Er no I think it has to be 50/50. Both parties need to tidy the house etc.
Reply 14
Why? I hear all around me women complaining that their husbands/boyfriends are messy and that they are tidying up after them. I don’t hear it so much the other way round when the genders are reversed, so I’m asking

aye ok

Tbh I think most of the time it's the men and women having a different opinion of what is so untidy that it needs to be tidied up... And more usually its the man who's less bothered about how tidy things are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending