The Student Room Group

University of Sheffield A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Rob8123
I got UCAT 2690 and STJ band 1....i read this on the website and thought i was good to apply "In addition to the academic requirements, all applicants must have achieved a score of 2430/3600 or more to be given further consideration" - but now reading on here my score would not be sufficient...is that correct? Damn i thought id just found my 3rd or 4th place!

You have to have 2430 in order to be considered, but everybody over that score will be ranked, with a cut off decided on for who to invite to interview. It was 2740 last year
Original post by Rob8123
I got UCAT 2690 and STJ band 1....i read this on the website and thought i was good to apply "In addition to the academic requirements, all applicants must have achieved a score of 2430/3600 or more to be given further consideration" - but now reading on here my score would not be sufficient...is that correct? Damn i thought id just found my 3rd or 4th place!

Unfortunately, I don't think you'd get an interview at Sheffield as the cut off for interview was 2740 last year and will probably rise this year again - the 2430 figure is to even be considered to be ranked eg. 2430 or less you will just be rejected. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by GANFYD
You have to have 2430 in order to be considered, but everybody over that score will be ranked, with a cut off decided on for who to invite to interview. It was 2740 last year

Thanks - back to the drawing board! I have been pouring over this website and all the medical schools websites for 9 hrs today!
PS any chance you can look at my post in the "Which medical school #4" thread? i think im going to apply to

Cardiff - as im welsh but only score 25/27
QUB
Plymouth
one other
I have a ucat of 2800 b2 do you think im safe to apply to sheffield? (im a summer 2022 retake applicant with AAB from tags 2021 and i dont think they disadvantage resit students)
Hi does anyone know the UCAT cut-off score for international applicants for 2021 entry?
Original post by omarmoj
I have a ucat of 2800 b2 do you think im safe to apply to sheffield? (im a summer 2022 retake applicant with AAB from tags 2021 and i dont think they disadvantage resit students)

I have the same score and wonder the same thing because I have seen people on here with 2850+ questioning whether it would be safe for them.
Original post by A.Lal1912
I have the same score and wonder the same thing because I have seen people on here with 2850+ questioning whether it would be safe for them.

I myself have 2860 and found myself in the same position I think my worry is coming from the fact of the increased applicants and increased competition, there's speculation cut-offs will rise because of the increased competition and applicants and there's speculation cut-offs may fall as high UCAT people such as ourselves may decide not to apply to Sheffield. It is really up in arms as of now.
Do I have a chance with 2600 ucat
Original post by Jake653
Do I have a chance with 2600 ucat

Unfortunately I don't think so the cut off last year was 2740
Reply 49
Original post by potatoslices
Hi does anyone know the UCAT cut-off score for international applicants for 2021 entry?

It's all on their website-2760 as far as I remember
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/medicine-admission
Does anyone know if UCAT is also used after interview? I'm fairly confident with my score of 3110 B1 but it's my second time round applying so I want to be a bit more safe with my options and try to play to my strengths
Reply 51
Original post by koschei108
Does anyone know if UCAT is also used after interview? I'm fairly confident with my score of 3110 B1 but it's my second time round applying so I want to be a bit more safe with my options and try to play to my strengths

No it's your interview performance +SJT band which determines your chances of an offer-
Look into UEA, they use UCAT for 50% of post-interview scoring
Anyone know if you qualify for contextual at Sheffield its a reduced UCAT cut off - got 2760 B1 so apprehensive to apply.
Original post by Rush161
I meet all of the minimum academic requirements and got 2790 band 1 ,what are the chances I get an interview?

Also how much are the cut offs likely to rise?

While you would have got an interview last cycle, it's hard to say whether that will be enough for interview this time around. All we can really do is speculate, so I think the cutoff is likely to be around 2800 this time. My reasoning for this is that in 2019/20, the cutoff was 2660 but in 2020/21, the cutoff was 2740, so a rise of 80 points. However, I am starting to question if this reasoning of another jump by 80 points is valid: I feel that the reason for the jump from 2660 to 2740 was because the 2020/21 cycle was a lot more competitive than the 2019/20 cycle. Going off the interim deciles so far, it looks like the 2021/22 cycle is going to be as competitive as the last one, so maybe there won't be as big of a jump this time? Of course I could be wrong though: I feel it's probably best to wait a few days to see if the final deciles come out before making a decision on this one.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Rush161
thanks for the reply, I totally agree with what you're saying, if I'm within the eighth decile, would it still be worth applying?

Well to my understanding, the eighth decile is currently 2710 to 2800, so I'd say ideally you'd want to be at the top of the eighth decile to apply (which you are if I'm not mistaken?).
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by A_J_B
It's all on their website-2760 as far as I remember
https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/medicine-admission

Hi, does this mean that any international applicants with a score of more than 2760 last year were invited to interview?
Reply 56
Original post by applecyder
Hi, does this mean that any international applicants with a score of more than 2760 last year were invited to interview?

Yes provided they met minimum requirements
Original post by A_J_B
Yes provided they met minimum requirements

Reply 58
Do you have a lower UCAT cut off if you qualify for AccessSheffield+?
Reply 59
UCAT of 2750 but I qualify for AccessSheffield+, is Sheffield a risky option? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending