The Student Room Group

University of Southampton A100 (BM5) 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by barksdale_
Eyo sorry my guy I swear I see you in every A100 thread. You are a godsend. I'm a little tense about all this sorry about how I sounded like.

We aim to please :smile:
But we are only human, so good manners and patience oil the way :biggrin:
Original post by GANFYD
We aim to please :smile:
But we are only human, so good manners and patience oil the way :biggrin:

Also, if you kindly, can tell me where to go for Aberdeen and Dundee, it would be great! I swear Scottish uni websites are barebones compares to other unis with large PDFs explaining everything!
Reply 42
Also, if you kindly, can tell me where to go for Aberdeen and Dundee, it would be great! I swear Scottish uni websites are barebones compares to other unis with large PDFs explaining everything!

They keep things Top Secret!
Post all your stats, as per the info in the first post of the thread on here, tag me in and I can have a look, as neither of those just use UCAT
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6679038
Where are the stats? I can't find them anywhere. The minimum's and maximums and all that for UCAT scores

The minimum UCAT cutoff changes each year, depending on the scores of people that apply. They invite the highest UCAT scorers to interview first, then work their way down until all the slots are filled. It usually stays within a similar range, so if you’re above last years score you stand a good chance of getting an interview. If you’re very close to/ a bit below previous cutoff it would obviously be a bit of a risk. Hope that helps!
Reply 44
Just got my Ucat score, it is quite high but my sjt is band 4...
Do I still have a chance of getting interviewed by Southampton as an international student? I heard that they wont consider sjt
Reply 45
Can I clarify that the selection process for Southampton undergraduate interview is based solely on UCAT score? I have a score of 2870 B1 with 11 9s and 3 A* A level predictions. No WP. Just want to make sure what else is considered before applying to ensure getting an interview.
what was the ucat cutoff last year
Original post by Lnbk
Can I clarify that the selection process for Southampton undergraduate interview is based solely on UCAT score? I have a score of 2870 B1 with 11 9s and 3 A* A level predictions. No WP. Just want to make sure what else is considered before applying to ensure getting an interview.

Yes, plus meeting minimum academic requirements which you do.

Original post by taxonomy.
what was the ucat cutoff last year

Will I they accept bio sociology and business ?
Original post by becausethenight
Yes, plus meeting minimum academic requirements which you do.

I must be missing something but I've been trawling through FOIs and can't seem to find the official information on last years ucat cut off may I ask where you got last years cut off @becausethenight :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by medguy12
I must be missing something but I've been trawling through FOIs and can't seem to find the official information on last years ucat cut off may I ask where you got last years cut off @becausethenight :smile:

Cut offs from what Southampton told people when they were rejected last year :smile:
Reply 51
I went to the Southampton virtual open day and they clearly said that the cutoff last year was 2680. I have it written in the notes I took
Original post by GANFYD
Cut offs from what Southampton told people when they were rejected last year :smile:

Thanks @GANFYD any predictions on what the cut off could rise too for 2022 entry? I’m expecting a higher influx of applicants but I believe a score of 2860 should be in good stead
Original post by Lnbk
I went to the Southampton virtual open day and they clearly said that the cutoff last year was 2680. I have it written in the notes I took

Thanks @Lnbk
Original post by rke7241
I got 2670 and Band 3 for my UCAT. Would it be too risky to apply to Southampton?

Hey I got the same UCAT score as you, could I know what unis you applied to as it may help me confirm my choices.. thank you! Also I believe it would be a bit too risky for us at the cut off was 2680
anyone able to find how many interviews and offers were given for 2021 entry? on every foi, southampton say 'please refer to UCAS undergraduate data' or 'please refer to previous A100 foi's' but its still no where to be seen?! or maybe im blind??
Original post by anon123456789!
Hey I got the same UCAT score as you, could I know what unis you applied to as it may help me confirm my choices.. thank you! Also I believe it would be a bit too risky for us at the cut off was 2680

Hi, I have currently shortlisted Liverpool, ARU, Leicester and Aston/Edge Hill. I’m guaranteed an interview at Leicester with my achieved grades and ucat. I’m undecided between Aston and Edge Hill. Where have you thought about applying?
Reply 57
Hi does anyone know about the selection day process for Southampton this year? Are they going to have a group tasks and a panel interview? Is it going to be virtual?

Thanks.
Original post by rke7241
Hi, I have currently shortlisted Liverpool, ARU, Leicester and Aston/Edge Hill. I’m guaranteed an interview at Leicester with my achieved grades and ucat. I’m undecided between Aston and Edge Hill. Where have you thought about applying?

I have been considering liverpool, ARU, St. George’s. For Leicester could you please tell me your score, I have 58.5 but I’m scared that it’s too low as the cut off was 57 last year.
Original post by anon123456789!
I have been considering liverpool, ARU, St. George’s. For Leicester could you please tell me your score, I have 58.5 but I’m scared that it’s too low as the cut off was 57 last year.

I really wanted to apply to St Georges but the UCAT cutoff was 2620 last year so I felt it was too risky.

I've not calculated my score for Leicester because you're guaranteed an interview if you have achieved grades and if your UCAT score is in the top 5 deciles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending