The Student Room Group

University of Leicester A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dnejfn
Liverpool, Manchester and Aston :smile:

Nice - I've applied Liverpool, Aston and ARU
Does anyone have any insight into how cutoff scores at Leciester may increase this year? I have a score of 59 and am on the fence about whether to apply given the cutoff was 57 last year. I've notices it never seems to increase by more than 2 but is it possible that the cutoff will be similar to last year since there seem to be a lot of achieved grades about for both years?

I'm already applying to Cardiff which I know is already risky (even with 27 points!) so would like to maximise my chances of an interview at my other choices!
Reply 42
What are peoples achieved UCAT scores? I got 645 not sure if worth applying or not
Is interview guaranteed with achieved a levels and a UCAT in the top 5 deciles? In this case does shortlisting score not matter?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by d r e a m y
Is interview guaranteed with achieved a levels and a UCAT in the top 5 deciles? In this case does shortlisting score not matter?

Hmm I don’t get this. How about if you resit an A level to get to the achieved requirement? Would you then also be guaranteed an interview?
Reply 45
How come the point system differs for those with degrees? Where all applying to the same A100 course but how do they then distinguishing between those with degrees and those that don’t. Max points with a degree is 32
Reply 46
Original post by Leaf.
How come the point system differs for those with degrees? Where all applying to the same A100 course but how do they then distinguishing between those with degrees and those that don’t. Max points with a degree is 32

Max points with GCSEs is 32, too. And then they add UCAT points on for both
Reply 47
Original post by GANFYD
Max points with GCSEs is 32, too. And then they add UCAT points on for both

Thanks mate. Really appreciate your help. Haven’t had a chance to actually do full in-depth research myself because of 9-6 job, and family commitments.

Just applying strategically is a complete mission with all the research needed lol - so I’m grateful for your help
Reply 48
Original post by Leaf.
Thanks mate. Really appreciate your help. Haven’t had a chance to actually do full in-depth research myself because of 9-6 job, and family commitments.

Just applying strategically is a complete mission with all the research needed lol - so I’m grateful for your help

Happy to help - even with the job, family and now covid booster jabs to sort :lol: :lol:
Hi guys, here is my info:
GCSEs and grade breakdown : 99999888A*7A (9s in bio chem maths business and french, 8s in English lit, geography physics, 7 in English language, A* in further maths and A in statistics)
A level achieved: AAA (bio chem maths)
UCAT: 690 avg (2760)
SJT band : 3
Brief mention of work experience : Brighton and Sussex, observe gp, ongoing clinical experience as hca
I meet WP criteria: low household income, bursary student etc.

Is Leicester a reasonable choice, or will my band 3 put me at a disadvantage?
Reply 50
Original post by LilGoat7
Hi guys, here is my info:
GCSEs and grade breakdown : 99999888A*7A (9s in bio chem maths business and french, 8s in English lit, geography physics, 7 in English language, A* in further maths and A in statistics)
A level achieved: AAA (bio chem maths)
UCAT: 690 avg (2760)
SJT band : 3
Brief mention of work experience : Brighton and Sussex, observe gp, ongoing clinical experience as hca
I meet WP criteria: low household income, bursary student etc.

Is Leicester a reasonable choice, or will my band 3 put me at a disadvantage?

They only look at SJT in a tiebreaker situation
I got 11A*s at GCSE and 2820 band 2. Predicted A*A*A*, do I have a good chance of getting an interview?
Reply 52
Original post by yara56394484
I got 11A*s at GCSE and 2820 band 2. Predicted A*A*A*, do I have a good chance of getting an interview?

You score 60. Cut off was 57 last year
Hey, I'm an international student and my score adds up to 57.5, the cutoff last year was 57, would it be risky for me to apply here?
I have achieved grades of 4 A*’s and a UCAT of 2870 but Band 3. As Leicester are saying they are guaranteeing interviews for achieved grades students in the top 5 deciles could Leicester end up being a risky option if all students with achieved grades apply there?

If they had too many achieved grades applicants would they then rank based on UCAT or grades or situational judgement? As the SJ could be an issue for me? Any advice would be welcome!
Original post by 0mitochondria
I have achieved grades of 4 A*’s and a UCAT of 2870 but Band 3. As Leicester are saying they are guaranteeing interviews for achieved grades students in the top 5 deciles could Leicester end up being a risky option if all students with achieved grades apply there?

If they had too many achieved grades applicants would they then rank based on UCAT or grades or situational judgement? As the SJ could be an issue for me? Any advice would be welcome!

If I'm not mistaken I believe Leicester is grouping applicants eg. predicted a levels, achieved etc. I'm sure @GANFYD will know more on this than myself :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by Clintt15
If I'm not mistaken I believe Leicester is grouping applicants eg. predicted a levels, achieved etc. I'm sure @GANFYD will know more on this than myself :smile:

I only know what it says in the selection document
Reply 57
Just did my UCAT today. Internal deadline is over and I have paid and sent my applications already for medicine to
Leicester Medical School
University of Nottingham
Aston University
Cardiff University

I live in Leicester and really wanted to do medicine there. What are the chances of being accepted? And even for the other universities?

UCAT Score: 2340 which I believe places me in the bottom 2 deciles as 2nd decile is 2350 I think therefore giving me only 16 points for Leicester.
For GCSEs I get 31/32 points.
I would say my personal statement is pretty good
Predicted AAA for Biology, Chemistry, Maths.
References are strong except for maths which is okay.

Also what are the chances of me getting an interview from the other universities?
Original post by KK_2589
Just did my UCAT today. Internal deadline is over and I have paid and sent my applications already for medicine to
Leicester Medical School
University of Nottingham
Aston University
Cardiff University

I live in Leicester and really wanted to do medicine there. What are the chances of being accepted? And even for the other universities?

UCAT Score: 2340 which I believe places me in the bottom 2 deciles as 2nd decile is 2350 I think therefore giving me only 16 points for Leicester.
For GCSEs I get 31/32 points.
I would say my personal statement is pretty good
Predicted AAA for Biology, Chemistry, Maths.
References are strong except for maths which is okay.

Also what are the chances of me getting an interview from the other universities?

Leicester's cut off last year was 57 and I think it's likely to go up a little. Aston should be okay, they have a released document on the last couple of year's stats. I can't work out your score for Cardiff, but your PS should be tailored to them. Nottingham scores GCSEs and UCAT, they have a new scoring system this year but work out your points first, we don't know what the cut off score is at the moment though. If you are contextual that might change some cut offs/requirements though.
Reply 59
what do you mean tailored for Cardiff? Ive written a general PS for all applications.

Quick Reply

Latest