The Student Room Group

im trying to tell my parents that im trans should i tell them or not

I was born a girl but transitioning to a boy
yes ! you should tell them.they will understand you for sure...no matter what happen in our life only family support can give us strength...go ahead ..All the best
Reply 2
Depends.
Are they homophobic or transphobic?
If they are, do you have a place to say if they don't want you there anymore?
Reply 3
thanks
Reply 4
thanks
It's pretty much impossible to say as we have no idea about what your parents are like.
Given that you haven't said anything about any prejudices of theirs, I'd assume that they don't have any serious objections, and answer that you probably should.
Reply 6
my foster parents they dont like the lbgtq community but their grandson is gay and stuff happened
Original post by louis200417
my foster parents they dont like the lbgtq community but their grandson is gay and stuff happened

So did they accept him in the end or do you mean that they made his life difficult?
Reply 8
Original post by WazzWazz98
So did they accept him in the end or do you mean that they made his life difficult?

well they dont accept him or me

Then i don't really see what benefit telling them would bring in all honesty
but it is your call
thanks you guys

If you're not living with them and don't mind cutting them off, then there is no risk
i do live with them

Does this mean you have already told them?
i do live with them

then don't come out to them, wait until you can move out
ok

u should tell your parents it's not a problem u should love your self and be proud

Hey!
If its a safe space and environment for you to come out, its a great idea if you are comfortable!
However, if you feel like the environment you live in is not safe, have you got an alternative place you could stay?
I hope it goes well for you!
yeah

Quick Reply

Latest