The Student Room Group

Changed colleges halfway through National extended diploma

Hi,I'm doing the national extended diploma in computing and I switched colleges during the holidays and am now at my new one for year 2.On my UCAS application it doesn't give me a sufficient option for filling out that I've recieved the first year qualification from my course from my other college, how would I be able to tell them?
Reply 1
If you received a qualification last year then you should be able to include it under your qualifications (just as you need to include all your GCSE results)
Reply 2
Original post by EOData
If you received a qualification last year then you should be able to include it under your qualifications (just as you need to include all your GCSE results)

I can include it under there but the problem is I can't select the individual grade for my first year college to tell them what I've recieved, it only gives me the option to select 3 grades (e.g. DDD).
As for my second year college I'll put pending.
Reply 3
Original post by Haydenkater
I can include it under there but the problem is I can't select the individual grade for my first year college to tell them what I've recieved.
I've only got the option to choose all 3 (e.g. DDD), so I'm not really sure what to put down.

Did you get a completed qualification (probably a subsidiary diploma - it won't be the extended diploma) with a grade from Edexcel - in which case you need to declare it, or was it just your previous college's internal grade?
Reply 4
Original post by EOData
Did you get a completed qualification (probably a subsidiary diploma - it won't be the extended diploma) with a grade from Edexcel - in which case you need to declare it, or was it just your previous college's internal grade?

It was a qualifcation from the exam board, I believe its Pearson, sent through the college in their email format etc.
It just states the name of the subject followed by year and then the grade.
I think its a 90 credit diploma per year with the extended diploma, should I just put that in the "Search for your qualifications" section?
Reply 5
Original post by Haydenkater
It was a qualifcation from the exam board, I believe its Pearson, sent through the college in their email format etc.
It just states the name of the subject followed by year and then the grade.
I think its a 90 credit diploma per year with the extended diploma, should I just put that in the "Search for your qualifications" section?

Yes, in terms of achieved qualifications, forget about the extended diploma, check exactly what it is and you have completed and put that down
Reply 6
Original post by EOData
Yes, in terms of achieved qualifications, forget about the extended diploma, check exactly what it is and you have completed and put that down

I'll put down the 90 credit and fill out my exact subject etc, thank you very much for your assistance :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending