The Student Room Group

Tesco's

how long does Tesco take to reply to you after you had an interview?

I had my interview about 2 weeks now and I'm quite desperate for a job and I'm starting to worry about it a lot does anyone know how long it takes.
Thank you :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by andylemoe
how long does Tesco take to reply to you after you had an interview?

I had my interview about 2 weeks now and I'm quite desperate for a job and I'm starting to worry about it a lot does anyone know how long it takes.
Thank you :smile:

Hi

You should had heard back usually within a week after interview or quicker depending on manager of store.

If the closing date for the job is passed then it sounds like you unsuccessful.
They are bad at times notifying people on this ok,

Just keep applying for jobs with them as you'll eventually get offered one.

There could be reasons beyond control that can cause them not notifying people as ( 1 ) is the job you applied for still available on website
( 2) could be waiting till closing date passed then when all applicants had been interviewed make there decisions.

I do work with them as a t/leader and occasionally stand in supervisor.
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi

You should had heard back usually within a week after interview or quicker depending on manager of store.

If the closing date for the job is passed then it sounds like you unsuccessful.
They are bad at times notifying people on this ok,

Just keep applying for jobs with them as you'll eventually get offered one.

There could be reasons beyond control that can cause them not notifying people as ( 1 ) is the job you applied for still available on website
( 2) could be waiting till closing date passed then when all applicants had been interviewed make there decisions.

I do work with them as a t/leader and occasionally stand in supervisor.

Thank you so much for replying I really appreciate it!! I was really hoping for this job since every other one I have applied to haven’t given me a interview :/ they said they would get back to me either way so I’m just very nervous tbh I emailed them and they said they are still choosing their candidates
Thank you so much for replying I really appreciate it!! I was really hoping for this job since every other one I have applied to haven’t given me a interview :/ they said they would get back to me either way so I’m just very nervous tbh I emailed them and they said they are still choosing their candidates

No probs on replying ok.
My advise is keep applying for jobs till successful.
Won't do any harm if you did while waiting to see how things goes ok,
Obviously you'll be anxious and nervous waiting for answers but if they said that they still chosing candidates then give them the benefit of the doubt and perhaps drop another message next week somepoint if you not heard anything but don't make out you are desperate as only looking for update on things.

If there are others stores within reach of your house then apply for those stores as well okay,
Keep applying to other opportunities
Reply 5
No probs on replying ok.
My advise is keep applying for jobs till successful.
Won't do any harm if you did while waiting to see how things goes ok,
Obviously you'll be anxious and nervous waiting for answers but if they said that they still chosing candidates then give them the benefit of the doubt and perhaps drop another message next week somepoint if you not heard anything but don't make out you are desperate as only looking for update on things.

If there are others stores within reach of your house then apply for those stores as well okay,

Yeah I understand that I'm trying not to sound desperate it's just recently I have been feeling low about jobs and I was hoping for this job. I went in and asked them myself and they said they would let me know in a couple days that was about 2 days ago
Yeah I understand that I'm trying not to sound desperate it's just recently I have been feeling low about jobs and I was hoping for this job. I went in and asked them myself and they said they would let me know in a couple days that was about 2 days ago

Hi
Didn't mean in a bad way that you don't look like you are desperate for job ok as you do get people continuing messaging or calling stores about what's happenening which nobody should do. I agree you have right to contact them if you not heard within certain time frame.

You shouldn't feel low on jobs as all you can do is the best you can and then its obviously out of your hands what happens next.

You at least went in and asked them on this but yet to hear back from them which is annoying but don't give up as you never know,
In meantime you should still apply for other positions with same store or others in your area till you know what's happenening because if you get another interview and was then successful obviously you'll take it.
There will be lots of vacancies for Xmas period so look out for those as well.
Reply 7
I appreciate this a lot I understand you didn’t mean it In a bad way thank you :smile: I have been applying for so many jobs recently but Tescos is the only one who’s given me an interview so my hopes are quite high unfortunately I’m starting to feel a bit fed up with it I emailed them a lot and they said the email was forwarded and I haven’t heard anything still I don’t know what to do to be honest I hate emailing them all the time as it seems desperate but In reality I just really wanna know what’s going on
I appreciate this a lot I understand you didn’t mean it In a bad way thank you :smile: I have been applying for so many jobs recently but Tescos is the only one who’s given me an interview so my hopes are quite high unfortunately I’m starting to feel a bit fed up with it I emailed them a lot and they said the email was forwarded and I haven’t heard anything still I don’t know what to do to be honest I hate emailing them all the time as it seems desperate but In reality I just really wanna know what’s going on

Hi
Ok.

Try not to get stressed out over this as if they get back to you then I guess you'll be happy.
You did what you can do without continuing to email them like you said as well without looking desperate.

In meantime while still waiting to hear back continue to apply for jobs with them and see what happens with things,. Don't give up if you want to work there.

It's good that they only ones giving you a interview.
Reply 9
Hi
Ok.

Try not to get stressed out over this as if they get back to you then I guess you'll be happy.
You did what you can do without continuing to email them like you said as well without looking desperate.

In meantime while still waiting to hear back continue to apply for jobs with them and see what happens with things,. Don't give up if you want to work there.

It's good that they only ones giving you a interview.

Thank you I will try my best I’m just fed up of doing the same thing everyday not hearing back from anyone but I will try my hardest thank you I appreciate this
Thank you I will try my best I’m just fed up of doing the same thing everyday not hearing back from anyone but I will try my hardest thank you I appreciate this

Hi
No probs ok.

I can understand you'll be frustrated on things but you can only do so much and the rest is obviously outwith your control on when companies get back to you.

It's a process that sometimes you have to go through till you eventually get offered a job I'm afraid.
Reply 11
They called me up this morning and said I got the job !! So I’m very happy to be starting at Tescos tavy
They called me up this morning and said I got the job !! So I’m very happy to be starting at Tescos tavy

Hi

On well done & congrats on getting offered job with tesco.
See being patience about things is key factors and you finally got the reply you were looking for today.

Just get your start date sorted out and look forward in working with them now.
Glad you are happy over it ok. Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending