The Student Room Group

Do flirting skills contribute to a guys ability to attract women?

Are flirting skills a contributing factor to guys being able to attract women? Or is it more personality and looks?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Being flirty is part of someone's personality, so...
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Being flirty is part of someone's personality, so...

Are flirtier guys more attractive?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Are flirtier guys more attractive?

Well there's only 2 ways to make someone know you like them, flirting or telling them straight, and most people aren't good at picking up fliting. So yes they are more attractive in the sense they actually show interest otherwise the won't think you are interested and over time lose interest in you.
Reply 4
Original post by Max1989
Well there's only 2 ways to make someone know you like them, flirting or telling them straight, and most people aren't good at picking up fliting. So yes they are more attractive in the sense they actually show interest otherwise the won't think you are interested and over time lose interest in you.

So a woman will reject you even if she likes you to start with but you became close friends platonically and she lost interest?
Reply 5
So a woman will reject you even if she likes you to start with but you became close friends platonically and she lost interest?

Mabey, maybe not, but one of you have to make the move to actually know if it's mutual. If she lost interest, she won't be interested obviously. Feelings change, people change, friendships and relationships of long length will show all the imperfections that make us human but might be deal breakers for some people.

If she isn't flirting or trying to spend more time with you, isn't initiating conversations at least equally with the amount you initiate then the chances are she only sees you as a friend.
Reply 6
Original post by Max1989
Mabey, maybe not, but one of you have to make the move to actually know if it's mutual. If she lost interest, she won't be interested obviously. Feelings change, people change, friendships and relationships of long length will show all the imperfections that make us human but might be deal breakers for some people.

If she isn't flirting or trying to spend more time with you, isn't initiating conversations at least equally with the amount you initiate then the chances are she only sees you as a friend.

What if you can’t tell if she’s flirting? And she doesn’t initiate conversation equally but she is always trying to spend time with you even when in a group. As in she’ll break away from the group to spend more time with you alone when with mutual friends.
It's a contributory factor, but you need the looks to back it up.

Eg, an ugly flirty guy will be incredibly annoying to women. Because they obviously don't want someone they aren't attracted to to be flirting with them.

Eg, an ugly flirty guy will be incredibly annoying to women. Because they obviously don't want someone they aren't attracted to to be flirting with them.

YES I agree, if I don't find the guy attractive nothing he does will impress me, it will creep me out or annoy me or give me the ick
Reply 9
YES I agree, if I don't find the guy attractive nothing he does will impress me, it will creep me out or annoy me or give me the ick

What’s the ick?

What if it’s a friend?
What if you can’t tell if she’s flirting? And she doesn’t initiate conversation equally but she is always trying to spend time with you even when in a group. As in she’ll break away from the group to spend more time with you alone when with mutual friends.

Well I can't tell you how she feels, you just have to ask her if she's hard to read
it depends by the way

What if it’s a friend?
What if it’s a friend?

that is true
What’s the ick?

Wdym what's the ick it's just a saying
Wdym what's the ick it's just a saying

What does it mean?
I think she has to find you at least somewhat attractive before she finds the flirtiness attractive.
If I got to be honest, they’re just ********.

It’s plenty of men ( or women ) who want to teach young men how to flirt with women. Things like “Do this” “Say this” and “Wear this”. It’s just a mechanization of what should be way more natural and subjective. Flirting is just a little part of socializing with people, and talking with them ( and trust me, there’s no objective way to do that ). If you’re able to flirt with girls, that doesn’t mean you’re an amazing talker. But if you’re an amazing talker, it’s possible that you’ll be lucky with girls too.

So… being able to flirt with girls should be something natural. There are no techniques that will cause a positive effect. But attracting girls, and people in general, doesn’t just require looks, but also personality ( so, this implies million of other aspects like: the way you move, talk, dress, look at a person, laugh and make laugh, what you talk about, how you talk about it, what are your points of view of the world and its realities and so on ). Not even a coach can teach you how to be yourself, so start learning it by yourself first
What if you’re just very unattractive?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending